Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
threads are 1/2"-28, same as just about every 5.56/223 AR on the market. So most flash hiders, muzzle brakes, compensators will work

·
Registered
209 Posts
It may depend on what model you have. My SR-556CLA's (model 5913 I think)flash hider is actually part of the barrel tube. So it's not threaded, pinned, or welded and therefore no removable.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Hmmm... well, it is your rifle, but AR's in general have very little recoil or muzzle climb. Moreover, a piston gun, such as your SR 556, will tend to have less than a direct impingement AR.

If you do change it, be sure to let us know if you notice a difference.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
I agree with you ditto, but after watching that video I was curious. Did you watch it
Yes, it was pretty interesting. As with almost every component on an AR, there are many choices available. It's a consumer's paradise. Flash hiders and muzzle breaks can be quickly switched out, so experimenting with different options is easy.

Oh, and one thing to keep in mind with muzzle breaks is the kind of shooting you do, particularly the setting. If you tend to have other shooters right next to you, such as at a range, the noise caused by some muzzle breaks tends to not make your neighbors very happy.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I kinda like the louder bang, but I know how that is being next to someone making too much noise. it is a little annoying

·
Banned
2,566 Posts
Recoil on the SR556? What recoil?

Exactly, on the SR556 with the gas setting on 1, there is no recoil or muzzle rise using .223 ammo and very little with 5.56.

A brake is for big caliber guns, not an AR. And if you ever have to use it in low light you will be blinded by the muzzle flash on the first round. No thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts