1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Push the regulator cam pin from left to right until the detent stops any
additional travel. Remove the regulator, regulator detent, and piston by
rotating the regulator until the flat lines up with the hook on the gas block."

Followed directions - read them twice - and the darned thing won't budge! Will NOT rotate! :confused:

Not ready to put a pair of pliers on it till I get some feedback from you folks.

Spray with break free?

I'll just wait and see what you have to say about my little problem. (I just know it's something simple.)

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just got a 556, i used a punch and used that to turn the knob....then you can see the flat area....it comes right apart...

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Didn't want to dive in and force something that shouldn't have been forced. Best to ask first than have to pay for a stoopid mistake.

Again, thanks.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darned if that even begins to turn easily! Got it out and it was covered with oil. cleaned it up and getting it back in was a bear. Got to be easier as it goes along . . . I hope.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Darned if that even begins to turn easily! Got it out and it was covered with oil. cleaned it up and getting it back in was a bear. Got to be easier as it goes along . . . I hope.
It does, although I still need to use a punch or spare round to get it started. I don't know how the guy in the Ruger video does it with his hands. The regulator is really the only part of the rifle that could use (but doesnt need to be) cleaning periodically. Don't be afraid to use a brass bore brush to clean the chrome lined parts and make them shine. Keep the regulator clean and your rifle should function flawlessly.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I also used my punch to turn the regulator. I'm sure that is why the hole in the knob is there. If it loosens over time the retention clip will keep the right setting in place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts