Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have the SSA in my SR, fantastic trigger. Not much you could do past putting in the trigger as far as mods go, Geissele recommends against using anti rotation pins.

·
Banned
89 Posts
Also have geiselle ssa combat trigger and it is nice to have that 2.5 lb break with crisp action. PWS enhanced buffer tube and ssa are only fixes this gun needs. They replaced my old style bolt last week and sent back new rounded bolt and had wear on the 3 shot test. I put PWS back on when got back and NO WEAR AT ALL on tube after 100 rounds. PWS now has 2100 rnds with no wear

·
Registered
51 Posts
Love mine

It is night and day when comparing the SSA to the stock trigger. You will be amazed and more than happy you made the upgrade.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the input, as this is the upgrade next in line for my SR556E. I am trying to save for an EOTech EXPS2 but the trigger needs attention. I don't like the hard pull and the single stage sudden and unpredictable break. I prefer the two stage trigger on my Mini 14.

Any real difference between the SSA and the SSA-E besides the pull weight? I'd almost prefer it to be a little heavy instead of too light.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Re the Geissele SSA. Get one! The improvement in trigger mechanics is huge. Smooth 2 stage takeup and 2-3 lb crisp letoff. The cure for the common Ruger trigger. Should fit all Ruger Lowers (all standard AR lowers, really). The Geissele website has detailed descriptions of their various offerings. Easy install, even for non gunsmiths like me after watching the Geissele videos. The SSA is a combat trigger, so it is 2 stage with a reasonable pull + letoff of 4-5 lbs. It you're going for match, they have single stage triggers as well. There are other good triggers out there, but you should be happy with the SSA.

Norm

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re the Geissele SSA. Get one! The improvement in trigger mechanics is huge. Smooth 2 stage takeup and 2-3 lb crisp letoff. The cure for the common Ruger trigger. Should fit all Ruger Lowers (all standard AR lowers, really). The Geissele website has detailed descriptions of their various offerings. Easy install, even for non gunsmiths like me after watching the Geissele videos. The SSA is a combat trigger, so it is 2 stage with a reasonable pull + letoff of 4-5 lbs. It you're going for match, they have single stage triggers as well. There are other good triggers out there, but you should be happy with the SSA.

Norm
Thanks !

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm thinking about going with the Wilson Combat 223/556/308 Trigger Unit Single Stage WC-TRTTU trigger as it has great reviews.

But I might just rework my stock one first to see if I can reduce the pull weight to about 3 1/2 - 4 lbs with a smooth pull.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Anyone have the Geissele SSA in their SR556? coments if so.
Anyway, unbeknownst to me knowing about this forum, I did my own research on upgrading my trigger for my SR -- I couldn't stand the pull or the grittiness. While not even close to being a great shot or a competition shooter, I am still a fanatic about wanting lesser pull and smooth triggers. Most of my guns (not all though) get trigger upgrades. (APEX spring upgrades for many of my handguns.)

I narrowed my choice down to either the Geisselle SSA-E or the drop-in Timney. Even though significantly costlier, I finally decided on the SSA-E and made it into a Christmas present for me some 7 months ago.

I had a lot of fun installing it myself as this was my first real venture into any kind of gunsmithing. :D I took my time, followed the instructions and had it done in about an hours time. The final part of installing the top part of the trigger was a bit tedious, but that was all.

My trigger pull on the 2-stage is 2.5 lbs for the first and then another 1.0 lb for the break -- so a total of 3.5 lbs. And it is as smooth as sh*t through a goose. My groupings are noticeably tighter.

If you are on the fence about this (primarily because of the expense), take the plunge. You will never look back at your decision, I can promise

1 - 13 of 13 Posts