Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My initial SR762 was one of the very early production rifles, malfunctioned. Replaced by Ruger. The CS experience was great.

The replacement is working great over a year and a half later. Zero malfunctions of any type. Brass is spit out in a pile at about 3:00. Consistent.

The rifle is far more accurate than the operator in my case. Using a 3-9 scope, during my last outing at 100 yards the first two shots were in one very slightly oval hole. Winds were across at ~10-15 mph. Using Lake City surplus, mind you. And my marksmanship days are long gone, believe me. Speaks very well for the rifle.

The CMC trigger and PWS PRC brake are simply outstanding. I can highly recommend both. As typical with Ruger, this rifle is built to last.

Every time I clean a piston rifle, I am glad I chose piston over DI.

This SR762 is not just a keeper, it will be an heirloom.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
That's encouraging. Sounds like a very pleasing rifle. I am glad you're happy with the sight's magnification. I had a M&P 10 that I foolishly got rid of. I want another AR10 style rifle. I have a 3-9 from the M&P, but never use it. I may just have to get a rifle for it! :)

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Thanks for the update glad she is working well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I agree. Mine has been flawless through about 1000 rounds. It used to put the brass at 3 o'clock until I got a brass catcher. Much easier to pick up now :) Had a guy at the range last week who builds his own rifles for 3 gun competition. Said he would never own a Ruger. I let him shoot mine and he put 5 rounds touching at 100 yds. He didn't know what to say.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Good to hear, OP.

There were a few very prolific rant threads here on the SR762. Were there ever any conclusions reached on why some of the early production guns had issues?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts