Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range today with some friends that just got there first guns and brought along a couple of mine. My LGS had a good deal on some Independence aluminum case ammo. Needless to say I'll never buy it again! I lost count of how many jambs/FTE I had. My SR9 didn't like it, but I did put 100 rounds of it through my LC9S without an issue. Still not gonna buy it again though.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Went to the range today with some friends that just got there first guns and brought along a couple of mine. My LGS had a good deal on some Independence aluminum case ammo. Needless to say I'll never buy it again! I lost count of how many jambs/FTE I had. My SR9 didn't like it, but I did put 100 rounds of it through my LC9S without an issue. Still not gonna buy it again though.
I've run a couple of thousand rounds of the Federal Aluminum 9mm (purchased for less than $10 a box from Wally World) thru my SR9c and my LC9s without a single problem. I've also seen the .45 cal Fed Alum stuff run thru a few pistols with no problems.

Must be an issue with the Independence brand.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
I've run a couple of thousand rounds of the Federal Aluminum 9mm (purchased for less than $10 a box from Wally World) thru my SR9c and my LC9s without a single problem. I've also seen the .45 cal Fed Alum stuff run thru a few pistols with no problems.

Ditto on the Federal alum case. My CZ's & Beretta's eat it no problem.

I see our LGS has a cheap deal on the independence. I might try a box or two just for giggles to see what happens. But Ive been getting CCI metal case for the same price by the case, ( $10 per 50 box. ) and it runs fine at the range. Not near as accurate as CCI Blazer brass , but OK plinkin ammo.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the first time I've shot aluminum case ammo through any of my 9mm's. I usually shoot, Blazer Brass, or white box Winchester. I've also shot some Remington and a couple other brands of brass ammo and never had a problem with any of them. I did switch to the Winchester ammo I had with me and the gun was fine, so I know it was the ammo.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts

+1! I have heard many complaints about it. I have found several brands in the $10 range. I normally by Blazer Brass or Winchester White Box when I need brass for reloading.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
It's the first time I've shot aluminum case ammo through any of my 9mm's. I usually shoot, Blazer Brass, or white box Winchester. I've also shot some Remington and a couple other brands of brass ammo and never had a problem with any of them. I did switch to the Winchester ammo I had with me and the gun was fine, so I know it was the ammo.
Id say thats enough of a test to make the conclusion it was the ammo.. GOOD TO KNOW. Thanks for the heads up. :)

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Independence is one of the many brand names under the ATK umbrella (e.g. CCI, Speer, Federal, etc).

So depending on origin (MN vs ID), it is probably either CCI Blazer or Federal Champion Aluminum in a different color box.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts