Ruger Forum banner

shooters of sr9 AND the "p" series 9--which is best?

• SR9 is the better weapon

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • my favorite "P" series 9mm is the better weapon

Votes: 12 63.2%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To the folks that own both--an sr9 and one of the "p" series 9mm.
Or to folks that have had range time with both----which do you prefer and why?

Many of us have moaned the passing of the "p" series as it seems to be fading away. To those that have owned or shot both models, is the sr9 that good?

I excluded myself from this poll as i have no trigger time with the sr9.

Just courious as who knows what the future holds when i get around to my purchase of a 9mm.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I voted for the P89. I have never shot the SR9, but I held one at my local gun store. The only reason I voted for the P89 is that it fits my big hand better. So my vote is pretty weak!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm afraid that folks with experience with both models might be far and few at the moment. No one in my county that i know of has got an sr9 yet. I'm gonna be up in the DFW area probably this summer so maybe there's an indoor range up yonder that has the sr9 so i can get an idea about it.

I also have held one in a gunshop and actually liked the feel But i also have carried a p90 for a lot of years and am use to that hogue FG grip.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'll get back to you later...

I would like to participate BUT I've only held the SR9 in my greedy little hands. My P89 is going to be tough to beat!

FWIW, I purchased a XD-9 'bout a week before Ruger announced the SR9. :( I know whaa, whaa...

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have both, like the SR9 better. A little more accurate, lighter, easier to carry, feels better in my hand..................but I won't be selling my P95 either!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you like the sights or sight picture better with the sr9?
Does the recoil impulse feel any different between the two????

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am the proud owner of both a p89, and a new sr9. The sr9 has my vote, not taking anything away from the p89, but the sr9 is the better of the two. The sr9 is lighter, and feels better in my hands. It is also slimmer and easier to hide as a conceal carry weapon. The recoil is a little sharper with the sr9(because of the wieght), but not even close to the glock 22 .40 cal. I carry on duty. I do like the sights on my p89 better, because i had meprolight night sights installed. I do like the sights on the sr9, for factory sights they are very easy to see and i like the fact that they are fully adjustable. Ruger has greatly improved there line of semi-auto pistols with the addition of the sr9. Thats my 2 cents.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I own 9mm in Beretta, S&W, & Ruger P95. The Ruger was the least expensive but the most accurate of all three brands! I am going to the range to shoot it today.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They both get my vote. I own a p89 1000 rounds with out a flench. Well i flinched alot LOL. The p89 is a fine weapon. I had the liberty of shoting an SR9 last weekend and am going to be adding it to the family. Its all going to be up to the shoters preference. As said the sr9 is lighter, and thiner making it alot easier for consealment. Factory sights i have to give it to the sr9. Both a very stable reliable gun. Remember the SR9 has a mag realease saftey the p89 does not. Herd this little guy can be fixed on the SR9 prety easy. I would suggest picking wich feels better in your hands.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts