Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you like it as a CCW? I'm concidering getting one and want to know how you'll like it. What do you use for a holster too. Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
269 Posts
I carry mine in a Galco Cop3 holster. The SR9 is a fairly large weapon so it will become difficult to conceal during the heat of summer at which time I will revert to a more compact weapon... Until then, the SR9 goes with me everywhere...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Is that an IWB, Eddie?
Well it sure as hell won't fit I *my* WB!

No it isn't. It's nice though. Three different points to tighten to make more snug, nice and soft against the gun, you can change the angle tilt, and can you see those little nubs on the part that makes contact with the belt? You can use a stiff belt that's not really wide, and those lips prevent it from twisting (providing the belt is a good stiff one).

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
It looks good. Looks like it holds high and tight to the body. I didn't think it was an IWB, but couldn't tell if it had belt loops. Do you carry this on a regular basis?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
It looks good. Looks like it holds high and tight to the body. I didn't think it was an IWB, but couldn't tell if it had belt loops. Do you carry this on a regular basis?
Well I'll be honest with you. While I've had my permit for a while, I haven't really used it yet. Actually, I carried concealed for the first time just the other day, and it was just to run up to the store. And I was wearing a coat.

I've been keeping a gun in the car much of the time, and spending a lot of time at the range. And I find that doing those things, as well as gun cleaning, filling magazines, etc., just stuff around the house, along with the practicing, is increasing my level of comfort with handguns. I'm working with an instructor using the SR9 and we are going to be getting more into some defensive shooting next time out. Currently he says my basic shooting skills are excellent so we're ready to move forward.

That said, I have holsters for my speed six, my GP100 and this SR9. This SR9/holster combo is the most comfortable of the three.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I see. I'll be carrying the LCP soon. I like the small ones for easy concealment. I carry at work too, and I have to make sure it's not spotted. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
For those interested, I have an OWB for the SR9 available without wait....misread a customer's order for IWB and made the OWB....$55, black, right hand with 1.5 inch belt slots.

Pay today, ships today....send me an email from this site or off my website.

Take care and stay safe....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts