Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Recently purchased a Super Redhawk 9.5 and an SR9. I enjoy them both immensely but its been about 15 years since I have done any shooting and it was minimal even back then.

I noticed that the slide to frame gap increases ever so slightly until there is a tiny but noticeable gap at the end of the barrel. Is this normal?

Since it appears the barrel is tied specifically to the slide I can't imagine this would have any impact on accuracy (I'm shooting low, but I imagine that is just anticipation).

All thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
worry not! the SR series shoots well, better than do I. welcome and enjoy. safety first. two things in life can never be called back, nor I'm sorried away. one is words and the other bullets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. Only been out with an ex military friend of mine, do a lot of reading all about safety so far and I'm taking a class on Saturday :) Just fun to shoot stuff, but they certainly aren't toys. :)

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
OK, you made me look. I'd make you apologize to the dog for waking him up, but he was awake for a total of about 45 seconds so we'll let it pass. :D

I have the SR9C, the SR9's little brother. But essentially the same gun. It has the same slight gap at the barrel end. Never noticed that before but you're right it does increase ever so slightly back to front.

Nothing to worry about. Enjoy your Rugers! Two good choices there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts