Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to get everyones thoughts on a SR9 compact. Do you think ruger will or will not make one. A 3.5 inch barrle 13 round SR9 would rule. OK so they have the LCP coming out. Thats great! But some of us want a comct 9mm,40,and45. We all know there is a plain up for a SR40 and 45. I will be the first one to take a slap across the face if they dont make it in .40 and .45. Even better SR compact with no mag saftey.

I LOVE MY 9MM!! MY FAVORITE ROUND. EASY TO CARRY LOTS OF SHELLS IF HADE TO. PLENTY OF TAKE DOWN POWER. AND CHEAP TO SHOT. WHAT ELSE COULD U ASK FOR. ABSOLUTLEY NO OFFENSE TO .40 and .45. OWNERS.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
a compact is bound to be in the works sooner or later should the "sr" series prove to be a sucess.

They did a compact in the "p" series with the 93 and 95 (compared to the 89) so they will probably eventually get around to it in the "sr" series. But with ruger--its about hard to figure any kind of time table on these folks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IV noticed that. Its hard to get anything out of ruger. Sucks!!! I keep looking for a good suitable concealed auto thats at least a 9mm. I look and look think i find one then i fall back to ruger, wich doesnt offer quit what im look for. But i think it will be worth the wait.

·
Super Moderator
21,491 Posts
SRC9 or SR9C thats my guess on the new model. In the meantime I'll have to settle for an SR9 later this spring.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I like to get everyones thoughts on a SR9 compact. Do you think ruger will or will not make one. A 3.5 inch barrle 13 round SR9 would rule. OK so they have the LCP coming out. Thats great! But some of us want a comct 9mm,40,and45. We all know there is a plain up for a SR40 and 45. I will be the first one to take a slap across the face if they dont make it in .40 and .45. Even better SR compact with no mag saftey.

I LOVE MY 9MM!! MY FAVORITE ROUND. EASY TO CARRY LOTS OF SHELLS IF HADE TO. PLENTY OF TAKE DOWN POWER. AND CHEAP TO SHOT. WHAT ELSE COULD U ASK FOR. ABSOLUTLEY NO OFFENSE TO .40 and .45. OWNERS.
I'm a recent convert to 9mm too.....some of those SD loads get good ratings....ie....Speer GDHP 124 and DPX....I'll llook at Speer GDHP 115s too.....there are other good 9 mm SD loads as well. In reading/researching I learned the Navy Seals want 9mm pistols......not .40s or .45s! They know a thing or two about SD caliber effectiveness. Don't think Ruger will make a cut down SR 9.....to Ruger their compact pistol offering is the new .380. If they made THAT one in 9mm.......maybe a tiny bit longer....to enhance ballistic efficiency .......it would be a blowout seller.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts