Ruger Forum banner

SR9 "issue"

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mcneal9926 
#1 ·
This isn't a full-on failure to go into battery, but when I search for this problem a full failure is all I can find. I have a brand-new SR-9. Out of the box I was "studying" it and it had two I dunno what to call them except this, only, it goes almost all but like maybe 1/16" into battery. When I shot it, it happened after maybe 50 rounds, but it was still able to fire. What is the deal? It's not exactly confidence-inspiring. Is it the guide rod? I will be replacing that pronto bec it seems so chintzy anyway.

#3 · (Edited)
The first time, it did it when I was cycling the slide (slingshot), empty gun, outta the box. It did it twice. I followed Internet advice (I know, I know :) ) and took the firing pin out and cleaned out the channel (no sludge as had been reported). After a good lube I took a shower. Oops, I mean, I hoped it wouldn't happen again. Firing it, it wasn't an ammo problem--it LOOKED slightly out of battery but functioned fine, not a jam, just that the slide was just a tit-hair back from being all the way in battery, and it only happened that once. Is this something that will go away? I never had worries with my P89s (both of them) and this kinda bugs me. I intend to replace the guide rod. But is that even related?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.