Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
17 round SR9 mag is 1.3" inches longer but hold 7 more rounds than the 10 round SR9c mag.

I took them apart to see what the differences were, and found the SR9's butt plate is recessed and it fits over the mag bodies tabs that are bent out, while the SR9c's butt plate is raised and fits into the internal slots of the mag body (tabs are bent in).

If the mags were made the same with the tabs bent out there would be enough room for 2 more rounds in the SR9c mags. (12 + 1).

Just and observation, i'm sure it has something to do with the states that only allow 10 round mags., but it seems silly to me to make the mags differently, so instead of using a shorter spring, Ruger also has to make a seperate but plate.:confused:

·
Registered
736 Posts
I agree and have noticed the same. It makes me a little mad that they did not make these 12 rounders. I wish pearce grip extension company would make a mag extention in order to increase the mag capacity to 12. Ruger is sometimes just too politicaly correct to those stupid states.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I agree and have noticed the same. It makes me a little mad that they did not make these 12 rounders. I wish pearce grip extension company would make a mag extention in order to increase the mag capacity to 12. Ruger is sometimes just too politicaly correct to those stupid states.
Agree. However, I wonder if it is a matter of Ruger being PC, or just marketing. In spite of what the lawmakers in those "stupid states" think, there is a lot of pro-2A sentiment and gun owners in those states. There are a lot of gun sales in those "stupid states."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts