Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll soon be receiving my new SR9 and I'd like to get a holster for it.

Fobus has several offerings for left-handers. Any love for the Fobus holsters, here?

I'd love to see photos of holstered SR9s, if possible.

Thanks, guys.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I owned the SR9 & SR9C. I bought a Fobus paddle holster because it fit both guns. Long story short I sold my SR9 to buy a CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow but I kept the Fobus holster for my SR9C. I use it quite often and I like it. Got it on eBay. They aren't to expensive and work well. Good Luck.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I owned the SR9 & SR9C. I bought a Fobus paddle holster because it fit both guns. I use it quite often and I like it. Got it on eBay. They aren't to expensive and work well. Good Luck.
Thanks for the feedback, jc423.

The Fobus is a very inexpensive, but very utilitarian design, and it appears to be a good holster option for side carry.

I like the facts that: 1) the holster completely covers the trigger guard, 2) the gun "clicks" into place, letting you know that the gun is secure, and 3) the holster clips to your belt.

I AM concerned that, over time, the plastic-like holster material may mar the gun surface. If so, I would not be happy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry no pictures but I also bought the Fobus Paddle holster for my SR9c. It works well enough, is inexpensive and I like it for use at the range. I take it off right away though because it's not that comfortable for more than an hour.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry no pictures but I also bought the Fobus Paddle holster for my SR9c. It works well enough, is inexpensive and I like it for use at the range. I take it off right away though because it's not that comfortable for more than an hour.
hmmm... :confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I carry the 9e in one daily.easy on, easy off.all I had to do was flatten the little brass humps on the backside to keep from digging in my side.hides the 9e at 3:30 with just a cover shirt.I also carry sp101 in one also..

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
I don't have an SR9, but I do have a paddle holster for my LC9 made by Tagua Gun Leather. Basically the Fobus with a leather pocket for the pistol instead of the plastic/kydex.

They have one for the SR9 for $45.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have an SR9, but I do have a paddle holster for my LC9 made by Tagua Gun Leather. Basically the Fobus with a leather pocket for the pistol instead of the plastic/kydex.

I'll take a look. Thanks, White Squirrel!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Is this the one you saw:

If so, is it a closed or open bottom? Is the gun held securely, and is it easy to draw from the holster?

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Yes, that is the one. Mine is an open bottom. I would characterize it as being like any other leather holster. It is molded specifically for that model so it is very secure just for every day use and yet easy to draw. I have worn it doing work around the house and yard and have never had any problem with it. Of course, at my age I have not run any obstacle courses with it. That might be a different story. :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, that is the one. Mine is an open bottom. I would characterize it as being like any other leather holster. It is molded specifically for that model so it is very secure just for every day use and yet easy to draw. I have worn it doing work around the house and yard and have never had any problem with it. Of course, at my age I have not run any obstacle courses with it. That might be a different story. :D
There is good and bad with both of these holsters. That said, this one has more coverage than the Fobus, and there seems to be less likelihood that the gun will get scratched from the hard plastic on the Fobus.

Yeah, I'm no spring chicken, so I don't plan on running any obstacle or tactical training courses any time soon. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts