Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a SR9, looks to me a older model since it has the round mag release instead of the newer D-shaped one like on my SR45. My question for both the SR9 and the SR45 is what kind of hollow point ammo has worked the best in your SR9 and SR45 pistols.

I have tried some older Remington 124 grain JHP and they worked but they where old and I cannot seem to find them anywhere. Just would like to hear the pros and cons of what CC ammo worked best. Thanks!

·
Registered
765 Posts
My SR9c eats WWB jhp, HPR jhp and Hornady American Gunner with no problems.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My SR, SRC will shoot anything.

So for target, practice etc. you cant go wrong with Freedom Munitions

Even without free shipping, their prices for new and reman are the lowest anywhere, and after what, 10000 rounds? at least, not one ammo related problem, in any of my guns for that matter.

Doc

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
the SR series in general will be good with almost anything you chose. I own and shoot the 9,9c, 40, 40c and SR45. also have gifted three more SR9;s, all reliable and as accurate as the shooter. all of the eight, including my round mag release early version, have been fed a steady diet of my reloads, consisting of six different powders, multiple weights, lead, jacketed, plated as well as JHP, also several styles and manufacturers of factory.
the only issue I have had was when I loaded some just a little too weak. the only modification I like is the removal of the mag disconnect. I bumped the mag release once getting my old ugly butt out of this chair, and the mag disengaged but did not fall. that occurred to me as a bad thing. I then possessed a rock instead of a pistol. no more mag disconnects for me. they have all mysteriously disappeared into the recesses of my dungeon basement where I clean guns and reload bullets.
for me, a safety feature is one that makes me safer, not one that makes my pistol useless.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
My SR9c has eaten everything I've fed to it. I keep it loaded with the Winchester Ranger 147gr JHP (Cop ammo).

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mine eats whatever I put in it. Freedom Munitions reloads will do as well if not better than most new rounds. Great carry gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts