Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SR9E Sight ? Novak ?

Has anyone found bright replacement sights for the SR9E ?
Like my SR9 I am older so want better sights lol.
Does the SR9E Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
I put Truglo TFX (fiber optic/tritium) on my SR9 a few weeks ago. Don’t know if the dovetails are the same. Rear was easy with a pusher but the front required creativity and patience because the slide was too tall at the front to fit in my pusher normally. Great in daylight and dark. Helped my aging eyes.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put Truglo TFX (fiber optic/tritium) on my SR9 a few weeks ago. Don’t know if the dovetails are the same. Rear was easy with a pusher but the front required creativity and patience because the slide was too tall at the front to fit in my pusher normally. Great in daylight and dark. Helped my aging eyes.
Thanks for the reply ! Heard good things about Tru Glow , Bummer in the SR9E Has a different cut dove tail then the SR9 ! Do not know why they would cut it different the the SR9, but guess since it is a budget SR they would not give extra opints like sight lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
I read somewhere recently (may have even been here) that the dovetails in the 9E's slide will accept Novak 1911 sights. I cannot confirm this, but it might be worth some further research.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply . I have heard and read the same thing but can not remember where lol With all the hits my thread had I would have guessed I would get more then 2 replies :O But that's the way it goes lol I may try and find a used set of Novak sights and try them.

Thanks guys for your replies

·
Registered
49 Posts
I’ve replaced sights on a couple of Glocks with basic Truglo night sights also. I have a basic sight pusher and it works great for rear sights. It seems Ruger rear sights have their dovetail cut so they slide in and out from a particular direction. I think I pushed in and out the right side as you are looking back to front. Glock front sights have a 3/16” nut but a regular hardware driver is too wide so the Truglo is worth the aggravation. Ruger front sights are dovetailed and my pusher was a little too short to handle the extra height of the slide’s front. After much trial, error and a little filing I got it installed and centered. I had to angle the slide so the pusher could do its job, being extra careful to not gouge the slide. A less stubborn person would probably taken it to a professional.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ve replaced sights on a couple of Glocks with basic Truglo night sights also. I have a basic sight pusher and it works great for rear sights. It seems Ruger rear sights have their dovetail cut so they slide in and out from a particular direction. I think I pushed in and out the right side as you are looking back to front. Glock front sights have a 3/16” nut but a regular hardware driver is too wide so the Truglo is worth the aggravation. Ruger front sights are dovetailed and my pusher was a little too short to handle the extra height of the slide’s front. After much trial, error and a little filing I got it installed and centered. I had to angle the slide so the pusher could do its job, being extra careful to not gouge the slide. A less stubborn person would probably taken it to a professional.
If my local shop can fit Novak sights in my 9E that is what I'll do ! U Do not have a pusher anyway,so buying and installing from same place would be worth it. Thanks for your good info,very interesting

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Coalcracker I also have my sights painted fluorescent as well but looking for better low light sights !

FryFyt
Never though or even heard of that :O I will see if I can look at them . BUT looks pretty bulky for a CCW gun !
I talked to the local Gunsmith and he is going to measure my 9E sight and see if the Novak SR1911 sighs will fit ! He has heard that the SR1911 Novak sights will work but never did it so will see :)

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
The Gunsmith at mt LGS is going to Pic some Novak sights and try the Novac sights ! If they work like that thread posted he will order me set of Tritium Sights ! :) But from the thread rammerjammer posted I should have Tritium sights soon ! :)

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
excellent. looking forward to seeing a follow up from you on your new sights
First Thank You for taking the time to post that link ! Me I need to proof read my replies lol But hopefully the Novak sights fit for me like that other guy :) I will Update what my Gunsmith says and what model I get

1 - 17 of 17 Posts