Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a laser to put on my SR9 and was told by a gun shop ninja that a CT LG 449 would fit. Some research showed it is really designed for the SR9c.

Does not appear to be much out there for the SR9 except the universal rail mounts and they usually don't play well with holsters.

Anyone try the LG 449 on the SR9?

·
Registered
97 Posts
What about something like the Veridian C5?

It is so small, I would think a holster should not be too difficult at all to find if it is on your SR.

Doc

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have both,the SR9 and the c. The lg on my c and the newer 204 light and laser on my SR9. I'm sure the lg will fit on the SR9 as they are the same frame. Although there are a lot of holsters out there for the c with the lg, I'm not so sure on the SR9 with lg. If they still have them, Viridian made a kydex holster for the SR9 with their laser, it fits fine with my SR9 and 204 on it (I originally had the Viridian laser). I can also tell you that BladeTech is very reasonable on building custom holsters as long as you're looking at kydex. I have to say that either the Crimson Trace or the Viridian would be good choices. I have many of both. The customer service at Crimson Trace is phenomenal. I stripped a screw on one of by lg's, called Crimson Trace and they sent me a new laser with a prepaid envelope to return the old one I had to tear off. Outstanding! My thoughts are, get the laser that you feel is best for your gun, or more important, the use of the gun. I have found that for some reason the holster world doesn't provide much for the SR9. I say, get the gun the way you want and then the holster even if you have to go custom.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about something like the Veridian C5?

It is so small, I would think a holster should not be too difficult at all to find if it is on your SR.

Doc

Interesting, I will look into that. Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have both,the SR9 and the c. The lg on my c and the newer 204 light and laser on my SR9. I'm sure the lg will fit on the SR9 as they are the same frame. Although there are a lot of holsters out there for the c with the lg, I'm not so sure on the SR9 with lg. If they still have them, Viridian made a kydex holster for the SR9 with their laser, it fits fine with my SR9 and 204 on it (I originally had the Viridian laser). I can also tell you that BladeTech is very reasonable on building custom holsters as long as you're looking at kydex. I have to say that either the Crimson Trace or the Viridian would be good choices. I have many of both. The customer service at Crimson Trace is phenomenal. I stripped a screw on one of by lg's, called Crimson Trace and they sent me a new laser with a prepaid envelope to return the old one I had to tear off. Outstanding! My thoughts are, get the laser that you feel is best for your gun, or more important, the use of the gun. I have found that for some reason the holster world doesn't provide much for the SR9. I say, get the gun the way you want and then the holster even if you have to go custom.
Thanks. I have a Cross Breed Super Tuck for my LC9 and it is great, very comfortable. Cross breed said the would make one for me so that is another route.
I am interested in Kydex, seems to work very well and is quite durable.

There is just not that much out there in terms of holsters and lasers for the SR9 and I am a bit surprised. I love my SR9 and use it as my test gun for my reloads and my range gun. It shoots anything I feed it.

Thanks for the suggestions all. The more the merrier!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately, Viridian no longer offers a holster for the SR9 with a C5. Looks like it was a Galco king tuck so I sent them an email.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah. Shame. Thought I was able to help.

Good thinking about the follow up.

Good luck with that.

Doc
Unfortunately, Galco is no longer making it either.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Try Alien Gear they have several shell for their holsters for Lasers, They may have what you need

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Try Alien Gear they have several shell for their holsters for Lasers, They may have what you need
I did and just got a response today and they are not making anything for the SR9 with a C5.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered and received my Viridian C5. I also found that White Hat holsters makes an IWB holster for this combination. I ordered it on 12/19 with an estimated 3-4 weeks for delivery. I will update as I get new info or when it arrives.

There just might be a solution after all.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks. Hope it will be in soon.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I received my IWB holster from White Hat Holsters this week. I tried it out and it does work with the Viridian C5 laser. Over all it looks like a good quality holster with nice hardware. It came with extra screws and inserts, nice to have spares.
Since I have only worn it for a day it is still a bit stiff and needs more break in. I am sure it will soften up nicely with time as my other holsters have.

First impressions/observations :

1 - Definitely notice the difference in size compared to carrying my LC9 with a Super
Tuck. No surprise there.
2 - I also noticed the kydex was not as close a fit as it is with the LC9 and the
Super Tuck. The LC9 almost "snaps" in and has no movement once in place. I
suspect the wider profile of the C5 requires a wider channel in the Kydex with the
resulting looser fit. This is not really noticeable while wearing the holster. My belt
probably clamps it a bit.
3 - Re-holstering after a draw requires me to spread the Kydex a bit. This is with the
belt clips located as shipped. I will try moving them 1 spot to get the edge of the
Kydex higher up and away from the belt.

This holster was ordered on 12/19/15 and was delivered on 1/21/16, almost 4 weeks to the day. Their web site says 3 to 4 weeks. 2 thumbs up for on time delivery with Christmas and New Year in that time.

I will post more as I work with this holster and get it better adjusted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts