Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just placed an order at my local gun shop about a week ago for my first gun, an SR9C.

I have been reading on another forum that this gun is no longer Ma compliant due to a change ruger is making to it.

Has anyone heard anything like this?

Do you think Ruger has a stock of pre-change models that they will still be shipping to Ma dealers?

I appreciate and help, I was really looking forward to getting this gun. Now I'm worried I may have to start looking for another first gun.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I know nothing about MA guns but the best info would be to call the source, call Ruger and ask them.
I was at Rugers sight and they list the SR9c as MA approved, I don't know what change you are talking about, but it looks like Ruger make every effort to make guns for states with restrictive rules.

BTW, I just got my SR9c a few weeks ago and it is a keeper.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Four Seasons still has them on the website and if the gun shop sells it to you..buy it! i bought mine a few months ago at four seasons for $399 in 2 tone. LOVE IT!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just repeating what I've read. The last few days people have been saying Ruger's website says they are not Ma approved but everytime I check it says they are.

Usually the people on that site are pretty reliable and in the know.

I was just hoping I could find out what was going on here.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just looked at the Ruger website and it is still listed as Mass compliant. (Yes we are so bad here that there is a link on the home page just for for Mass). Note that the LC9 and all MKIII have been removed. Those are still on the MA state compliance list but Ruger is doing something and has removed them from the list. Only what is left in local stores can be had.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I'd move somewhere they respected my constitutional rights.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Look at Flint Armament in Fall River MA if you are close. They have the LC9, SR9, SR9C and I think the SR22 or call them to make sure.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Oddly, Ruger is not very good at updating their website to indicate whether a firearm is CA or MA compliant. It is very common for the website to indicate that a firearm is not CA/MA compliant when in fact it actually is being sold widely in those states. Ignore the website. If your LGS says that it is compliant, that should be your guide.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts