Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a SR9c, any pro's and con's on the Black Nitride and Stainless Steel from anyone that has either one.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I've got the stainless and have had no issues. Just shoots good.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. It seems like such a simple choice but now that I am ready to buy it is much harder to choose.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
What ever floats your boat. I have the SS 9c because I like the look. They probably function the same. Get what you want and not someone else thinks is better looking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went for black nitride so it's not as flashy as stainless... but this is more personal preference than anything I 'spose -

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have a SR1911 TALO Night Watchman with a black nitride finish. It was my first experience with a black nitride finish. So far I find it to my liking. The finish is durable.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I got the black nitride option, just because I don't care for the two-tone effect of the stainless version. Mine has developed a "splotch" on the finish just ahead of the ejection port. Sort of looks like a water mark. I have no idea what caused it. It used to bug me, but I've gotten used to it. A great shooting pistol, by the way. My favorite 9 mm.

Attachments

·
Registered
793 Posts
My SR45 is stainless, but it's matte finish and not blingy. My SR9c is black, and I like the looks of it much better. Plus that nitride coating is very durable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My SR9c is black - it was the only choice available at the various LGSs before they went off the roster here in CA. It does conceal better and I've had no problems with it - shoots fine and the finish is fine too.

My SR9 is a SS model and I like the looks of it. I don't carry it though as I have enough carry guns already available to me. It too shoots well and no problems with the finish.

You'll be happy with either one!

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I got the black nitride option, just because I don't care for the two-tone effect of the stainless version. Mine has developed a "splotch" on the finish just ahead of the ejection port. Sort of looks like a water mark. I have no idea what caused it. It used to bug me, but I've gotten used to it. A great shooting pistol, by the way. My favorite 9 mm.
By the way, does anyone have a theory as to what caused this mark on my slide, or how to remove it?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Upon arriving at a conclusion on the black or SS dilemma, we should next explore - blond or red-head? :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I like both.
I bought the black nitride version of the SR45 but was really tempted to get the stainless model since all my other autos are all black.
I love the black.
But I think I need to buy another SR45 ... in stainless.:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts