Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would casing extraction jam be an issue of not enough lube after 200+ rounds? I have sprayed the slide whenever i get the jam and it corrects the problem so i can get back to shooting again while at the range. Could it be that im using dirty ammo like remmington umc from walmart? The federal ammo works flawlessly but has had some extraction issue when i didnt clean my gun with the hops brand. Please let me know of some input before i might have to send it back to Ruger.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
I have not had an extraction issue with my SR9c.
Are you saying the spent case does not even try to come out(it stays in the barrel)?I know after cleaning, I put a drop of lube in the extractor area & move it to work the lube in. I try & do that with all my semi-auto's.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
I have had problems with UMC in the past being a little underpowered. Because of that, it would not throw the slide back and a jam would occur. Just my 2 cents worth. A lite lube is helpful but not necessary the real problem. As you already said, a different ammo worked fine. Try a different ammo and see what the outcome is. That is if you can find any 9mm ammo. That could be tough right now. Dont have the problem with mine but it likes Winchester White Box and CCi .. Not UMC. All guns are different. Best of luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not had an extraction issue with my SR9c.
Are you saying the spent case does not even try to come out(it stays in the barrel)?I know after cleaning, I put a drop of lube in the extractor area & move it to work the lube in. I try & do that with all my semi-auto's.
Theyll try and come out but get jammed. Slide gets stuck trying to go foward and catches casing somehow. I can easily remove the casing by retracting slide a bit. Any recommendations on a particular type of oil? HOPS works really well but i have only gone as far as walmart to try and buy some.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had problems with UMC in the past being a little underpowered. Because of that, it would not throw the slide back and a jam would occur. Just my 2 cents worth. A lite lube is helpful but not necessary the real problem. As you already said, a different ammo worked fine. Try a different ammo and see what the outcome is. That is if you can find any 9mm ammo. That could be tough right now. Dont have the problem with mine but it likes Winchester White Box and CCi .. Not UMC. All guns are different. Best of luck.
Thanks. Is it that bad? ibe been searching for a saiga 7.62 at different shops and online with no luck. Same with the 17 round mags for my pistol. Patience is not in my vocabulary to try and purchase any backorders.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Hate to say this but I think you are a day late and a dollar short on trying to find any type of black gun. The hoard has begun. That includes ammo. If you would have started a month ago you would be in possesion of one now with ammo. The latest current events has everything messed up. Lots of luck in your quest. And if you are lucky enough to find something, hope you have real deep pockets. The prices have skyrocketed.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Theyll try and come out but get jammed. Slide gets stuck trying to go foward and catches casing somehow. I can easily remove the casing by retracting slide a bit. Any recommendations on a particular type of oil? HOPS works really well but i have only gone as far as walmart to try and buy some.
I use CLP(from Walmart)mainly. It does everything. I am testing a few others like Froglube & Militec 1.
I will also use GunScrubber to clean the frame/trigger area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts