Ruger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've put around 1000 rounds through my sr9c. Not a single problem except a few light strikes on wwb in the first 100 rounds. Until yesterday. I had about a 50% chance of failure to reset trigger/striker. Now, I have installed and uninstalled a ghost rocket prior to this, but ultimately took it out before efver firing it due to just not liking it. Dry firing it, it resets EVERY time. I took it home inspected everything and it all looked fine. I cleaned out the striker & channel. I had about 5 shots through my first mag before starting to have the problems again today. Anyone have any thoughts? I'm going to call Ruger monday, but if I can fix it before then, that'd be great. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Had light strike problems from the start.Had Ruger send me a new striker.Same thing.Light strikes.I read where many people were having this same problem.The fix?Remove the Magazine Disconnect.The magazine disconnect was creating friction on the striker.Removed it and wah-lah.Problem fixed.No more light strikes.This will however,allow the gun to be fired with a round in the chamber and the magazine out.So what.Ruger SR9 Striker and Magazine Disconnect Removal - YouTube.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have light strikes (sr9c) also.

Glad to know that the Mag Disconnect trick will cure it. THANKS for the info here.

However, what exactly is it that Ruger would do to fix the problem if I send the gun back?

Surely THEY have a remedy.:confused: I hope!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sounds like you are having more than just light primer strikes at this point. My advice is the same as TRUCKER's. Call Ruger tomorrow. They will email you a label so you can ship it to them for free.

My SR9c had the same problem (failure of trigger to reset very often) after about 400 rounds. I sent it to Ruger and it behaved flawlessly for about 3 months or more. Then some part in the trigger bar actually broke. They replaced the trigger bar assembly and it has been fine since. I think the original problem was a bent part somewhere in that assembly. Short Answer: send it back. Mine was returned to me in about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
My first SR40c had problems with light strikes. Ruger had it back to me in 8 days. It was fixed perfectly and has functioned perfectly ever since. I tried removing the magazine disconnect but this did not work on my SR40c.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.