Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new SR9c SS this week. I spent time today taking it down and cleaning it. I have two questions. First how many rounds does the factory fire through these before they are shipped. Mine seemed kinda dirty. I sure hope the dealer did not lie to me and it was realy a used one. I also noticed that the feed ramp was very rough. I took my dremel and some flitz and buffed it just a little. It looks good now. Has anyone else noticed a rough feed ramp. After putting it back together I hand cycled rounds through it and they went through smoothly.

·
Registered
597 Posts
They seem to fire about 40-50 rounds through it. My feed ramp was a little rough when I got it as well and took Mother's Mag Polish to it with a dremel and it is smooth with a mirror-like finish. Have fired 300 rounds through my SR9 and no issues. Enjoy yours!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I bought a new SR9c SS this week. I spent time today taking it down and cleaning it. I have two questions. First how many rounds does the factory fire through these before they are shipped. Mine seemed kinda dirty. I sure hope the dealer did not lie to me and it was realy a used one. I also noticed that the feed ramp was very rough. I took my dremel and some flitz and buffed it just a little. It looks good now. Has anyone else noticed a rough feed ramp. After putting it back together I hand cycled rounds through it and they went through smoothly.
Yep, has been mentioned here and at the other Ruger forum numerous times. Most folks smooth it out like you mentioned, others have sent their pistol back to Ruger to have them smooth it out. The general recommendation is to thoroughly breakdown and clean a new SR9c, including the striker assembly/channel, prior to use (check the Ruger site for instructional video). In the two years since I purchased mine, I have put several thousand rounds downrange, and have had no issues. It's a great pistol, go out and put some holes in paper, enjoy it!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Never polished the feed ramp on mine but it shoots well with no problems. Just a matter of choice. SR9c is a great gun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts