Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well I’ve been looking for this pistol for about 3 months. Sold out everywhere.
Finally found one in NC and I’m in Vegas. This is a later run according to the serial, so all the bugs are worked out.
Picked it up Friday and just was able to go to the range this morning....
Holy crap this thing is spot on ridiculous accurate! Man I feel like a kid at Christmas with a new bike, lol.
Going to install the xs big dot sights this week. We’ll see...
but yeah man...wow! (now the revolver is jealous...)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nice. Love mine. Very surprise the trigger could be that nice on compact and the odd things is I don't prefer the extended mag. Fits my hand very well.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,293 Posts
Congrats on finding one.

Reactions: The_Rat

·
Registered
700 Posts
I’ve had mine for over 10 years. One of my favorite pistols.

Reactions: 43north

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,579 Posts
Greetings from Ohio.
Holy crap Batman! Very glad you got one. I hope you have as good of a experience with yours as we have had with ours. We love our SR9's and our SR series wonder 9's. In todays times they are practical and reliable. For me my SR9E has become a range pal and lately my sidekick. Others in the family have gone with compacts for CC and full size for night stands. Daughter loves the full SR9. The good thing they all take the same mags as the PCC9. Good for home defense. Never let your revolver feel lonely though! Share the range time...Be safe and be healthy.
PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD
Rick

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
You're going to love it. I've had mine since they first came out. Accurate and easy to shoot. The trigger pull is about as good as any you will find in a striker fired pistol. Shoot, reload and repeat repeatedly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ve had mine for over 10 years. One of my favorite pistols.
Did you have any issues with it at all? I’ve read about light primer strikes, needing to clean it before using it etc. Dunno, this thing ran like a champ. Stripped it down and it was clean.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've had mine for several years and never had a bit of trouble with it. I'm usually a revolver shooter so I get kind of antsy with the high cap mag, wondering if it will ever run out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Greetings from Ohio.
Holy crap Batman! Very glad you got one. I hope you have as good of a experience with yours as we have had with ours. We love our SR9's and our SR series wonder 9's. In todays times they are practical and reliable. For me my SR9E has become a range pal and lately my sidekick. Others in the family have gone with compacts for CC and full size for night stands. Daughter loves the full SR9. The good thing they all take the same mags as the PCC9. Good for home defense. Never let your revolver feel lonely though! Share the range time...Be safe and be healthy.
PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD
Rick
Lol, no my revolver “Helen” is never ignored and sits on my nightstand, although my wife wants it over on her side now.:ROFLMAO:
I have a pic of the first 10 rounds outta the Sr9c which the wife calls “Raul” lmao. I’ll figure out how to post it...

·
Registered
510 Posts
Always nice to see someone else who appreciates the Ruger SR9C as I do.

The trigger is great, accuracy is always good, function is flawless and recoil is surprisingly soft. The overall look is very pleasing to my eye.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like the compact SR9C trigger over my SR9, but I ran into the dreaded slide lock spring issue right off the bat. After a trip back to Ruger and quick turnaround, the pistol has been a pleasure to shoot. Still prefer my SR45 over the other two, but to each his/her own.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok, well I’ve been looking for this pistol for about 3 months. Sold out everywhere.
Finally found one in NC and I’m in Vegas. This is a later run according to the serial, so all the bugs are worked out.
Picked it up Friday and just was able to go to the range this morning....
Holy crap this thing is spot on ridiculous accurate! Man I feel like a kid at Christmas with a new bike, lol.
Going to install the xs big dot sights this week. We’ll see...
but yeah man...wow! (now the revolver is jealous...)
Glad to have you join the ranks of happy SR9c owners. My model has been by my bedside for ~7years...loaded and ready. I do take it outside or to the range to cycle (practice) from time to time...and it has functioned perfectly every time. Re sights...Mine still uses the Ruger factory sights...but with fluorescent paint added on the recessed white dots. More importantly I have found the best home protection tool for me is to use a small high power laser aid mounted on the convenient under barrel rail. (see photos)
IMG_2496.jpg
Great quick aim in the dark!
Rche
IMG_2497.jpg

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,579 Posts
Glad to have you join the ranks of happy SR9c owners. My model has been by my bedside for ~7years...loaded and ready. I do take it outside or to the range to cycle (practice) from time to time...and it has functioned perfectly every time. Re sights...Mine still uses the Ruger factory sights...but with fluorescent paint added on the recessed white dots. More importantly I have found the best home protection tool for me is to use a small high power laser aid mounted on the convenient under barrel rail. (see photos) View attachment 144593 Great quick aim in the dark!
Rche View attachment 144592
Rche, what make and model is the small high power laser aid ? Rick

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rick, Sorry but it is so old (and I have slept since I bought it) the packaging has been discarded and there is no manf or model number marked on the unit.
I did buy it thru amazon...it seems to me that it cost <$30
It measures 27mm in width and 25mm front to back include small on/off switch (perfect for SR9c and the lower profile is 14mm when installed under the barrel, it came with a simple weaver rail clamp with one hex bolt to attach to SR9c's small built it rail.
Runs on two button batteries...and they last ~2-3 years, as mostly it sits in my quick safe (bedside)
Rche

·
Registered
358 Posts
Consider a "to go" setup. This would be a PC9 carbine and a SR9c carried in a takedown bag with 4 of the 17 round mags and 2 of the 10 round mags. Throw in a simple carry strap for the carbine and a light. If you had to leave the house RIGHT NOW.....

By the way, both guns are excellent, accurate and easy to maintain.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts