Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my SR9c yesterday late, got it cleaned up, and I feel like a young child at Christmas!
This pistol feels like a dream in my hand.....
Can't wait to put some rounds down range! Needed to share that with you all!

Lewi

·
Registered
760 Posts
I carried mine around for days.

Don't forget to leave your mags loaded and your slide back for a few days. Helps break in the springs according to " experts"

Congrats

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I carried mine around for days.

Don't forget to leave your mags loaded and your slide back for a few days. Helps break in the springs according to " experts"

Congrats
If having the slide back for a few days will help then I will do so...........of course because the "experts" say to!

Thanks.

-Lewi

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Congrats! I bought mine a year ago and it's been with me almost everyday.
Congrats!!

I wish I could carry mine with me on a daily basis; alas, the price of living in the Peoples Republic of IL!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Congrats it's a great pistol. Every time I shoot it makes me look like I know how. As for leaving the slide back, some say it helps. I think it would have to be left back for a very long time to make any change to the spring compression. My advice, shoot it as often as you can afford to. Put some plus P ammo through it.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Congrats it's a great pistol. Every time I shoot it makes me look like I know how. As for leaving the slide back, some say it helps. I think it would have to be left back for a very long time to make any change to the spring compression. My advice, shoot it as often as you can afford to. Put some plus P ammo through it.
X2!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Been enjoying mine as a CC for about a month now. I have 500 rounds through it and another 250 stacked up and ready to go this weekend. Been a great gun so far. I ordered the Gallaway recoil spring assembly in stainless as I had the slide catch a couple of times on reassembly after cleaning. It was not a big deal and a reseat of the factory spring quickly correct the problem. The truth be told, this gave me an excuse to add an upgrade that I was eyeing up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It just gets better! Ruger quality at its best, of the several SAs I own it's the one I keep reaching for every day. Flawless operation and just fun to shoot! You're gonna feel very good about this purchase in the coming days, weeks and months. Congrats!

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have had mine a few months now and not a problem so far. Close to 600 rounds at the range and I am getting more accurate with it each time I shoot. Same Ruger quality as my 10/22 (bought it the second year of production) and my model 77 light weight in .270.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Good choice on the SR9C Lewi! I have owned mine for about a month now, as others have said it makes me look like a better shooter than I am. I have been kicking around for about a year couldn't decide between Glock 26 or 19, S&W M&P 9C or the Ruger. The Ruger just feld right in my hand and I believe I made the right choice. Enjoy your new friend.

Fiveshot

·
Registered
549 Posts
Congtrats on your new SR9.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts