Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my SR9C, the grip is less than impressive compared to my M&P. I am new to the gun wprld to start with...

Does anyone know of a solid grip sleeve or adhesive?

I dont want to be a victim to buying garbage product.

Im lost.

·
Registered
132 Posts
go on ebay.com they'll be cheaper than your lgs.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I like Talon grips for my polymer guns. It's all a matter of opinion but, while they may not add to the look of the gun they certainly help with the grip.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I bought a skateboard grip tape sheet from Amazon for ~$8. Cut your own pattern for your gun and you can outfit multiple guns for one low price. I did this for my SR9 fullsize and it changed the grip entirely. It locks into my hand now, very solid.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understsnd the point of personal preference, how about: peeling, reaction to cleaners, longevity

·
Registered
275 Posts
Skateboard grip tape is pretty rough, doesn't that dig into your hand as you shoot? Is that what the traction grips are?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Skateboard grip tape is pretty rough, doesn't that dig into your hand as you shoot? Is that what the traction grips are?
I don't know how rough traction grips are compared to skateboard tape, but the tape is great for me. It is rough, but the tape takes the same contour as the grip. This allows for it to be very sticky, without being uncomfortable. I was a little worried when I bought it that it would be too rough, but I really like it after putting it on and shooting a handful of USPSA matches with it. The stock grip is almost too slick for me to get a good consistent grip with. I was struggling with that, and the grip tape helped out a ton.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bought a Hogue Handall & cut it down to fit my SR9c. Feels great & you can remove it if you need to. Around $8-10 at your LGS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts