Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a SR9C last week, havent been to the range yet, would like some feedback on OWB holster that wont break the bank! What are some of the holsters you guys are using and why do you like them.

Fiveshot

·
Registered
90 Posts
Too many to name. I'm partial to crossbreed but I'm an IWB guy. Don't go cheap after investing in such a great firearm. Expect to pay at least $60 and don't forget a good gun belt!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the replies! I did quite a search and since I carry OWB, I decided on DeSantis Mini Slide, should be coming 3-10 Days. As for shooting, I went to the range yesterday, Wow this gun is everything that has been written about it. The trigger is so nice and light, it's my first experience with striker fire and I would recomend it if anyone is trying to decide on the type of trigger. My other Ruger is the SR22, I shot them both and the SR9C shot better for me yesterday and I tried 50 rounds Winchester White box 115 gr and 50 rounds of Remington 124 gr., no problem, a couple FTF & FTL with the Winchester. Picked 100 rounds of Federal 115 gr on the way home & 50 rounds of PPU 115 gr to try next time. What a great gun.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I like mine.

Thanks for all the replies! I did quite a search and since I carry OWB, I decided on DeSantis Mini Slide, should be coming 3-10 Days. As for shooting, I went to the range yesterday, Wow this gun is everything that has been written about it. The trigger is so nice and light, it's my first experience with striker fire and I would recomend it if anyone is trying to decide on the type of trigger. My other Ruger is the SR22, I shot them both and the SR9C shot better for me yesterday and I tried 50 rounds Winchester White box 115 gr and 50 rounds of Remington 124 gr., no problem, a couple FTF & FTL with the Winchester. Picked 100 rounds of Federal 115 gr on the way home & 50 rounds of PPU 115 gr to try next time. What a great gun.

I picked up the same holster, but with a thumb break since I plan on carrying a round in the chamber and safety engaged. I wrapped the gun in a ziplock bag, then in the holster and stuck it in the safe for a couple of days. Now I'm wearing it all day to break it in. It does take some time, but I like the holster a lot so far. As for the gun itself...Love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts