Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have small hands. The flush-fitting 10-rd mag allows me a full grip almost perfectly. And even though it's base plate is angled slightly forward (show in image), giving my pinky a bit of a shelf to keep my grip in place, it's JUST short enough that my pinky is prone to slipping when I draw quickly.

The pinky extension is nice, but is much longer than I need and inhibits concealment. So I cut it down to create what is essentially a 90 degree, flat base plate. but It's much better for concealment and my pinky doesn't slip. Unfortunately, where my finger wrap, it' runs parallel with the front of the grip instead of angling forward, so it doesn't enclose my fingers quite the way I'd prefer. But it's a much better solution.

Just wanted to share. I'd love to hear if anyone sees any issues with this or has any other suggestions for a better solution.

Attachments

·
Registered
760 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pictures, this looks like a very simple and doable mod that fits your needs. I cannot think of anything else that any simpler than what you have shared.

For curiosity sake, have you kept the original front sight? I have swapped my out with a fiber optic and for my older eyes makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For curiosity sake, have you kept the original front sight? I have swapped my out with a fiber optic and for my older eyes makes a world of difference.
I haven't swapped it out - fortunately my eyes are still ok, but a sight improvement is likely in my future. Great to know you've been happy with your upgrade!

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Well ain't you Mr. Inventive Dude! :D

That looks OEM. Good job.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I modified mine like you did. It still allows me to get three fingers on the grip but conceals and looks better. Good job!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts