Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a freind's house who just got a Glock and I got a surprise. Holding the Glock, I could clearly see the white outline of the rear sight against the front site. On my SR9C I really cannot see the two white dots but only the front site. It was surprising to me to compare.

I wondier if it would work to paint the whole rear sight backside a different color?

·
Registered
164 Posts
As you know, you'll get really varied opinions on sight preference........I really happen to like my SR9c's sight set up. The relatively larger front sight dot, gives me the ideal picture so that I focus on those front sights.

To actually try to answer your question though, I have used nail polish on my LCR's front sight, though it was reddish orange. I'm sure they make nail polish that is white.

·
Registered
126 Posts
What brand of sock do you like...
what pen writes the best...
what sight is the best? Your choice works the best. :)

Added note. My everyday carry is a Glock 26 with the sights you are talking about.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I actually blacked out the rear sight dots on my SR9c and my SR9, I also put a green fiber optic on the front of my SR9, my SR9c is stock front sight, for now. I may change it out later. Sights are very personal, I have mine set up the way I like, and if the stock Glock sights are good for you, then it is good that you found something that you like!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts