Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
No experience with em yet, but wow, and thanks for the link...Very cool sights ! Really like what Williams did on that wrap around fiber rear. Wonder if they'll be offering various color inserts as well...

·
Banned
650 Posts
I have never used the Williams sights like you are interested in on a Ruger but I have used them on a Glock. I was less than impressed with the sights. They reminded me of pellet rifle sights. Oh I know why my pellet rifle has sights in the same configuration.

Look at the Tru Glo sights with the tritium inserts before you spend your money. Fiber optic sights are a hindrance as often as they are an aid. In bright sunlight fiber optic sights work to well. Beautiful weather is often why I am out shooting my guns. A good set of tritium sights eliminates the need for the fiber optic material.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Agreed about fiber optic limitations. Unless you have natural or artificial light directly overhead, fiber optic may not "light up" as brightly as one would expect. The fiber optic/tritium combination is indeed the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have never used the Williams sights like you are interested in on a Ruger but I have used them on a Glock. I was less than impressed with the sights. They reminded me of pellet rifle sights. Oh I know why my pellet rifle has sights in the same configuration.

Look at the Tru Glo sights with the tritium inserts before you spend your money. Fiber optic sights are a hindrance as often as they are an aid. In bright sunlight fiber optic sights work to well. Beautiful weather is often why I am out shooting my guns. A good set of tritium sights eliminates the need for the fiber optic material.
Thanks for the tip about the TRU GLO sights. I researched them and the TFX seem very nice and they will work in any lighting conditions.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Thanks for the tip about the TRU GLO sights. I researched them and the TFX seem very nice and they will work in any lighting conditions.
The best of ALL worlds:
High light - fiber optic glows like it's battery operated
Medium light - conventional 3-dot
Low light - typical "glow in the dark"

What's not to like?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts