Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
As I have just purchased a new SR9C, so what upgrades/improvements actually work?

Thanks,
MrBlue

·
Registered
592 Posts
Upgrades/Improvements
Definitely Talongrips (rubberized are my choice)
Necessities
Ammo
Magazines
Remember to clean it thoroughly before shooting.

It's a great gun. Have fun with it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Talon grip really makes for a good comfortable day at the range.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have done nothing at all to my SR9C and it shoots like a dream, very accurate with no issues at all.
I do want to put Talon grips on it, they are very comfortable on my LC9s and "grippy".

Steve

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just put the Galloway goodies pack in mine with the ghost tactical reset bar.

Noticeable improvement on an already pretty good trigger. Eliminating the over travel also helped 'shorten' the reset. The trigger is definitely lighter and smoother now...(had already removed the mag disconnect when I got it)

Also, put Meprolites on it at the same time to make it night-worthy CCW.

Certainly a great pistol stock but I can't help it, I'm a tinkerer.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
97 Posts
It was my experience as well, Mojohand

Ruger made significant improvement in the trigger action of the SR compacts over their SR counterparts.

I put the Ghost bar and Galloway trigger spring in mine and buddies' SR.

When I got the 9C I was impressed with the improvement. It was very nice.

Just to experiment, I put the Ghost bar and the spring in the 9C and it made enough of a difference to go ahead and get a couple more.

Makes a very good gun even better.

A no-lose option

Doc

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also got a 9c (the nickel 3313) recently - September - and have put about 1500 rounds through it, so far. Love the gun, and don't plan to change a thing. I am getting a few more mags, of course.

What's the hot ticket for CC holsters? I have a black soft nylon OWB Liberty that I think was designed for the SR22 (got one of those at the same time) and that works pretty well. I saw a De Santis 'mini scabbard' in either brown (casual) or black (formal) that looks good, but I can't find it in black locally, and I don't want to order it on-line and risk it not working for me. Anybody got one they swear by (and not at)?

A friend has a Safariland 578 that he likes, although I haven't tried/seen it yet. Recommendations?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I put the Novak Tritium front & rear sights on my SR9c (daily carry and nightstand gun) ...

I upgraded my SR9 with the firesight set with adjustable rear made by Williams (my primary gun for IDPA )....

Got both from ShopRuger.com

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I put the Novak Tritium front & rear sights on my SR9c (daily carry and nightstand gun) ...

I upgraded my SR9 with the firesight set with adjustable rear made by Williams (my primary gun for IDPA )....

Got both from ShopRuger.com
Oh, and the Aluminum Striker indicator from Galloway on both

1 - 12 of 12 Posts