Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new SR9c today. What a beauty!
Now my wife said she is going to wrap it for Christmas. Wow, speak about ups and downs. Oh well 21 days to go.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Congrats on the new SR9c.

Hey, my kids were masters at unwrapping their gifts, playing with them, and then wrapping them back up. Give it a try.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Congrats. I've had mine for about 5 years now. It is one great compact 9mm. Everyone that shoots it, loves it. Oh yeah, Merry Christmas too. :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I tried one in a LGS when they were having a 15% off sale and was very impressed with the trigger on it and bought it on site for a great price.

Since then I have acquired a few other handguns that have captured my time but the Ruger SR9C rides in the truck along with a back up mag full of HST 147g +P loads.

I think you will have a good time with yours.

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Congratulations on your new SR9C!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Graz....Love mine, I shot quite well with it straight out of the box and is my main carry.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Congratulations on your SR9C! I'm sure you will enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. Really fun to shoot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I LOVE my 9c... got it in mid-September, 1200 rounds since new, and not one single issue, burp or hiccup. Could not be happier. Fired everything short of a howitzer (9s, .40s, .45s), and anything bigger than a slingshot before deciding on the Ruger.

Rented a variety of direct competitors and made back-to-back comparisons - although many were eliminated just by holding them (e.g. most Glocks are too fat in the grip, G26 is too short in the grip even with an extended base plate). Long trigger throws also put me off. I'm no marksman, so the slightly larger size of the SR9c, especially with the 17 round mag, helps out with a more stable platform.

Price was important, although not crucial, and the SR9c was perfect there, too. I paid $414 plus sales tax. Also bought an SR22 at the same time, "for the wife" (sure).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you all for your responses! I'm getting an SR22 this week and will likely trade my current 9mm (Canik TP9SA) for the SR9C in the next week or so. I like the look and feel of every Ruger I've held and their reliability, price point and superior customer service have me hooked! I also like that they are made in the U.S. Either way, I'll post when I actually get my SR9C, but feel free to keep posting about your thoughts and experiences!

·
Registered
874 Posts
For all you SRc buyers...check out Talon grips...they offer an inexpensive wrap on grip in granular or rubberized finish. I added the rubber to my 40c and they really make a difference in the feel!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have baseball glove size hands and need an added grip on nearly all my handguns.

Talon is fine, but out of Talon, Pachmayr, and Hogue, all of which I have tried before, Pachmayr seems better for fit and comfort in my hand.

That it is also almost half the price of the others is a big bonus too considering how many I use.

Doc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts