Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title implies I have a original Ruger Mini 14 SS, folding stock that is almost pristine. I'd guess 95% no box or papers after all these years. I was wanting to get a true dollar value on it, not the extras or acc's just it. I have some people that want it but I aint got to sell it and want close to top dollar for it. Can you'll please give me an informed opinion on the gun as well as price?
Thanks!
I tried to attach a picture but don't know how.

·
Registered
793 Posts
The last one like yours sold on GB sold for $1050 in March. The GBF models do sell for more. You can view completed auctions on GB. The ones priced over $1000 seem to be relisted over and over. I think $900 to a $1000 is a good price now.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Don't sell it!!!

I sold mine three years ago and every time I open the safe I miss it.

At a LGS about a month ago there was one in the case for $1200. It was gone a week later.

Again, don't sell it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I have been studying what I can on this rifle and I had come up with about what you'll are saying. I had told the people it was gona be at least 1050bucks. Like I said this one is in great shape and no sizable mares on the wood.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Keep that rifle for you to enjoy, then your kids, and later their kids. I had been searching for just the stock to change onto my Ranch Rifle. Just the stocks I saw were getting $400-$800. Ended that search real quick. The SS and blue stocks have to be one of the best looking stock designs I've ever seen.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
freddy, if your's has a Choate or other folding stock, it won't be worth near as much as a Ruger factory folding stock. A picture would help. I use Photobucket, but it is easier to just click on "manage attachments" at the bottom of the advanced reply box, and choose a photo from a picture folder on your computer.
The pic will be a small thumbnail that users will have to click on to make bigger.
Using a photo hosting website like Photobucket will make the pics bigger right off.
Pic from Photobucket library, and same pic as a thumbnail:

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
I picked up a 187 stainless ranch factory folder still new in the box from GB for $1000 a couple of months ago.
Got one of those excet the folder is Blue Steel which is really no big deal. I put an after market Williams peep sight on it and it is one gun that I just won't sell. I would rather have this than an AR platform rifle because the Mini is bullet proof and will maintain off hand minute of pie plate at 100 yards which is all you could ever want in a SHTF rifle-My mini holds a place of honor right next to my AK another great bullet proof design.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
I don't want the firearm, but I want one of those stocks! The Minis lack quality stock options. Hogue and factory options are good, but I think most are flimsy and cheap.

I'd love one of the old, wood & metal folding stocks. They're cool and look awesome. I'd love to fit one to my 581

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought one exactly like neverenuf's at a usually very expensive used gun case at the local range, picked it up for $699.00
I didn't even haggle with them, they had just gotten it in on a trade. I can pick it up the Sunday (they need to hold used for 30 days once they get it)
It's in great condition, #184...... called Ruger and they said it shipped in 83 with the folding stock.
Once in awhile this place will have something unique for a decent price, other times forget it.
its been a long 27 days! Sunday I'm getting her out of jail!

·
One more gun
316 Posts
Those stocks are beautiful. Just the perfect amount of wood, steel and polymer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mwilson904 be sure and post a pic when you get it!

BTW there is a factory ranch folder blued on GB with 2 days left. bids up to 1033 so far

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sweet. Congrats! That rifle looks unfired! When I bought mine I really wanted the non ranch version like yours...but it was too good to pass up! enjoy!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Sweet pickup Mwilson904! If you decide you don't want it you can probably turn it quick for like $300-$400 profit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks! It's very clean, I got lucky and spotted on the wall at the store and didn't hesitate. Last time I saw something there I thought I'd come back the following day and it was gone. I like the more nostalgic stuff so this was perfect for me, can't wait to get out and try it for a spin.

:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finally got it to the range, it shots great and accurate. Was concerned about accuracy due to some reports but it was great and as accurate as my friends AR.
Stripped it down and cleaned it afterwards, love this mini!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts