Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I purchased a very slightly used ss SR9 a few days ago. I went out the day I received it and put 150 rounds through it with no problems other than the sights were horribly off and I didn't have tools to adjust them either ;(... this afternoon I field stripped it and did a complete clean job on the pistol .. it had been very slightly used.....after I put it back together and was admiring the new shiny addition we had in the family I noticed that there's a gap in between the slide and the body of the gun towards the front . it's a nice fit all the way from the rear forwards to about 2 inch's from the front. gap is about 1/8th of an inch and you can look in and see the spring slightly.. is this normal ?? ser. # is 330-6 series.
Thank you

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
I'm looking at mine (330-78000) right now, yes there is a gap. If you hold it up to a light, you can see the spring. Mine is not an 1/8" however. Post a pic if you can.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
Forgot to ask, gap look like these?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Those gaps are quite normal and not just on SR series pistols. Other manufacturer's guns have them too. I don't know if they have a functional purpose (cooling) or not. I think my P345 had them too.

Happy shooting!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the quick response ;) I think I will take a straight edge to the trigger half and make sure it's plain towards the front end ( no warpage) . it does look like yours pretty much yoccales . I can push it up and squeeze them together of course because the bottom half of the gun is a plastic material . I guess it really doesn't make a big difference as the slides and mounts are 2/3rds the way up the gun and on the rear and the barrel and spring are mounted into the metal slide of the gun .

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts