Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked my Single Six .32 H&R Mag, 4 5/8 bbl, adjustable sights and walnut grips at Cabelas a short while ago.

Amazing. The guy on the other forum who turned me onto the gun just said it looked new. Well, it has the original shipper, not even any dents in the cardboard:

Original Box, perfect condition:

All original paperwork:

And even the gun with only the barest turn ring on the cylinder:

And this gun was produced in 1984. Feel like I hit the jackpot. Thanks for everyones help and input.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,711 Posts
Chance, You lucky devil! Scoring a low 4-digit first year of production gun is quite rare. Getting it in new condition with the box and shipper is even more rare. Look on the left side of the gun where it says RUGER 32 H&R MAG NEW MODEL SINGLE-SIX, if it has "SSM" stamped, it would be extremely rare.

Now you're going to have to find another 32 H&R to shoot and keep this one as a Safe Queen.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesn't have the SSM stamp. From what I read there was only one 4 5/8 bbl gun with the SSM. I keep looking at it and holding it and wonder if I really want to shoot it. And, that's what I bought it for. Right now I have an unfired .32 Ruger and an unfired .32 Marlin.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shaner
They have 3 NIB .32 Marlins at the Cabelas Gun Library up here in Glendale, AZ. They are what go me stated on the .32 kick. Folks that have them seem to think they are great. I have the brass and bullets but the dies are on order from Midway.

Check out the "turn ring" on the cylinder

·
Registered
63 Posts
32 Mag

CHANCE ~~ BIG CONGRATS!!!!! What they asking for one of those Marlins?? You got a nice one. Mine stopped being a collectors item long ago. I even sold the grip frame. Kept the box and papers though. A nice little cross draw holster from El Paso would be nice as well. :D LUCKY MAN!! :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tusker

Calbelas has the Marlins priced at $529 and I ended up paying +499 plus tax.

I'm no collector but I also have an Erl Svendsen Pony Express 22lr that I don't shoot. Don't have the dies to load the ammo yet so I may just look for another .32 shooter. This one just caught me off guard. Never bought anything like it before.

Yea, I am waffling.

·
Super Moderator
21,728 Posts
My opinion is if you want an investment buy stocks and/or bonds if you buy a handgun your reap the dividends every time you take it to the range. I really like the grips as they are lighter than the ones that came on my single six and I think they look excellent. That is a great woods, hiking and target revolver. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Shoot it, man! Why would you not. I shoot all I own and enjoy them. If I had a Colt SAA with the serial number 1, I would shoot it. Just not as much:D.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
WOW, great looking Single Six. But now the decision if you wanna be a shooter or a collector. I don't know if I could keep her in the safe!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wimped out and bought another one to shoot. And man have I shot it. Great little guns and with a 94 gr bullet behind 3.7 Unique very accurate.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts