Ruger Forum banner
181 - 199 of 199 Posts

· "The Real Deal"
10,983 Posts
They're trying to incentivize us to get on their registry. Register your brace, and they'll throw in a free stock.
No thank you.

You seen the 922r debacle they are pushing now?

· Registered
477 Posts
Lol, watch out, They're coming to take you away!
Its all conspiracy theory, until its not. Did you watch the GOA video in post #133 from Tacky in this thread? You seriously think the ATF will magically process millions of applications in 120 days when they historically are backlogged handling far less? I doubt this lawyer in that video made up his story about his talk with ATF. So in 121 days what stops them from enforcement?
Some things are certainly conspiracy theory. I do not believe in Pizzagate for example. But this subject has legit pitfalls for millions of gun owners.

· Registered
Ruger: Model 19122 pc 9
4,694 Posts
I was reading the atf paperwork and couldn't help but think, all that's missing is this quote:
"You'll remember you don't believe in any of this (fate) conspiracy crap. You're in control of your own life, remember? Here, take a cookie. I promise by the time you're done eating it, you'll feel right as rain."

· Registered
18 Posts
Haven't seen any news about court cases since ATF published. I know there is one lawsuit out there that was waiting for the rule to drop, but don't know where that stands. Keep hoping for a judge to slap an injunction on ATF, but so far, crickets. Anybody heard anything? Submitted my Form 1 last week, but now don't know what I can do. Scared to take my "SBR" to the range for now. Maybe I'm paranoid. (Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!)

· Registered
263 Posts
The rule has not been published on the Federal Register yet. An ATF spokesman said that it will be published on January 31, 2023. After that, look for litigation to start being filed. This search should find it when it's published:

Search Federal Register

The pre-announcement on January 13th has caused lots of heat (emotion) and much less light (rational reaction).

There have already been some mis-steps by the agency, including the error in their FAQs (well, they say it's an error, but it must be corrected) about sharing registered items in your personal presence being prohibited. That generated more heat.

Most of the 10 to 40 million owners of these firearms have never filed NFA paperwork, and don't want to. The ATF estimate of 3 million of these firearms is likely considerably under the reality, meaning that the agency will probably be overwhelmed. The online system can be a bit confusing if you have never done it, and you have to get every detail right - so take your time and read everything as you go. Remember that you need to get fingerprint cards done on the right forms or correct electronic files. UPS shops and many gun shops have the right equipment.

The reality of all this is that we're likely to see a number of interesting things in the next few months. Some of them bureaucratic and procedural based on an overworked overwhelmed agency trying to deal with political pressure from the top. Some of them legal and based on potential violation of Constitutionally guaranteed rights of citizens. Some of them groundbreaking and based on mistakes made in the past by Congress and their deep state agencies. But in all this, law respecting gun owners will be caught in the middle, and a Federal agency that is chartered with helping stop criminals from misusing firearms will be distracted by the questionable direction of their political leadership.

The Chinese curse is said to be, "may you live in interesting times..."

• Helpful
Reactions: Corndog
181 - 199 of 199 Posts