Ruger Forum banner
141 - 160 of 199 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
As I didn't read all of the 139 previous post, Did anyone consider a 16" plus barrel should be legal with a brace, fixed or folding. Am I not correct ? Unless of course the Batf now can regulate accessory's.
If you change out the upper/short barrel for a 16" or longer barreled upper, you can have any style/type stock you want. Fixed, collapsible or folder as it's now considered a legal rifle. That is the route I took as I refuse to play their stupid games.

You must also get rid of the short barreled upper unless you have another NFA registered item it will work on, ie, SBR or machine gun lower.

Bill
Trigger Hood Bumper Gas Office equipment

· Registered
3 Posts
All is true, But aren't they making the brace illegal just to have. as in you have a Brace and a AR pistol lying around not connected. for that matter a Charger with a Picatanny on the rear and a Brace lying around they could say "Intent".

· Registered
132 Posts
The ATF has been overstepping their authority for years now. They have always gotten away with it and have never been called out. Now they have no fear of being called out and they have a president who encourages them to go out of bounds. Except that you can only go so far before the masses start calling for heads to roll. When they create a situation where they are going to turn millions of law abiding citizens into felons for something they said was perfectly legal beforehand, its time for the heads to roll.

It's time for Americans to stand up and say "Not today". We are long past the time of mindless compliance. Biden can make all the jokes he wants about citizens not being able to fight the government without F-15's but the fact is this kind of overreach is exactly what provokes law abiding citizens to fight their government and win. If law abiding gun owners let this stand the next time will be much worse. Next time will be your semi auto rifles and then your semi auto handguns. After that, your lever action rifles and revolvers. Until there is nothing left and we are unarmed and unable to fight back.
One would say, the AFT has been overstepping for 90 years.

· Registered
18 Posts
OK, so I submitted my Form 1. Now what? As I read the FAQ's from ATF (page 8), I'm now in legal possession of an SBR. They say "While your application is pending, you should maintain proof of submission as evidence of continued lawful possession." That means I can take it to the range - I think! Anybody see that differently?

Separate question: How long will it take to get my stamp, and what do I do after the 120 days if I'm not "registered" yet? Think I know the answer, and it sucks!

· Registered
132 Posts
OK, so I submitted my Form 1. Now what? As I read the FAQ's from ATF (page 8), I'm now in legal possession of an SBR. They say "While your application is pending, you should maintain proof of submission as evidence of continued lawful possession." That means I can take it to the range - I think! Anybody see that differently?

Separate question: How long will it take to get my stamp, and what do I do after the 120 days if I'm not "registered" yet? Think I know the answer, and it sucks!
You'll become a felon.

Thanks ATF...

· Registered
233 Posts
From another forum:
Just learned that the ATF and not the FBI will be doing the background checks and guess what. If you do the paperwork and submit them. If they don't approve you within 80 days, it is an automatic denial and you are now a felon who has just given the ATF evidence of your crime. And some F Trooper admitted that they will then do and "enforcement" action.

· Registered
Ruger: Model 19122 pc 9
4,694 Posts
From another forum:
Just learned that the ATF and not the FBI will be doing the background checks and guess what. If you do the paperwork and submit them. If they don't approve you within 80 days, it is an automatic denial and you are now a felon who has just given the ATF evidence of your crime. And some F Trooper admitted that they will then do and "enforcement" action.
And once they charge a felony, guess what.... this is the real issue.

· "The Real Deal"
10,983 Posts
The brace gets an identifier.

This whole thing is starting to feel like a trap. The braces should have been grandfathered without any registration. Outlaw them going forward. Yes, I know ATF can’t regulate accessories.
Exactly.

· Registered
18 Posts
Well, ATF accepted my Form 1, but I forgot to put my fingerprints on the bloody thing! Can't figure out from the ATF site how to do that. Anybody know how to get electronic prints to add to the form? This is turning into a real goat rope!

· Registered
Ruger: Model 19122 pc 9
4,694 Posts
If you change out the upper/short barrel for a 16" or longer barreled upper, you can have any style/type stock you want. Fixed, collapsible or folder as it's now considered a legal rifle. That is the route I took as I refuse to play their stupid games.

You must also get rid of the short barreled upper unless you have another NFA registered item it will work on, ie, SBR or machine gun lower.

Bill
View attachment 186372
what buttpad is that?

· Registered
200 Posts
Well, ATF accepted my Form 1, but I forgot to put my fingerprints on the bloody thing! Can't figure out from the ATF site how to do that. Anybody know how to get electronic prints to add to the form? This is turning into a real goat rope!
You will get an email with 2 attachments. One will have 2 copies of the submitted form, one for you to keep and the other you send to the CLEO for wherever you live. The second you mail to the ATF along with 2 fingerprint cards.

· Registered
263 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Vin
141 - 160 of 199 Posts