Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I meant by what will happen is who would buy them? The market is full of manufacturers and they do not have a license to manufacture.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Hard to say. If they have any intellectual property (designs, patents, etc.) they might just sell those off and shut down the rest of the company. Not sure if such a small player really has any value.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I have two Stags, one is a piston the other a DI lefty. I think they're are really great ARs, certainly the equal to any other out there.

I don't suppose anything will happen to those who buy one that's still on the dealer's rack. The only exception might be warranty service but even so liquidation of a company usually involves some method of customer warranty support; maybe so maybe not.

IMHO: somebody is going to buy them lock stock and barrel and keep them running but under another name. They were never some garage operation. They used to make parts for Colt as an indication of their quality. So there's value there to be had.

Obviously they're a standard AR, so even if Stag won't replace parts, even if you should need them, parts from other companies will work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts