Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked it up today. It's a 4 5/8" .357 that looks barely shot with no turn ring to speak of. It's got Pachmayr's on it, but I bought a set of original factory wood grips online and will install them as soon as they arrive. I'll take it to the range and see how it shoots next Sunday.
This is my first stainless Blackhawk. My only other one was a blued .30 carbine Blackhawk. Unfortunately, I sold it to buy something else and now I kind of miss it. It was fun to shoot.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
You don't say what caliber it is. It is a sweet looking pistol. I am glad you are changing the grips. No SAA should have rubber on it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bad. It's a 4 5/8" .357. I fixed it in the original post too. Yup, rubber just looks wrong on a single action.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Dad has had a .357 Magnum Blackhawk in SS with a 6" barrel for as long as I can remember. Great shooting gun,and I agree-the wood grips do look more at home on the SA revolver than rubber.
JL

·
Registered
26 Posts
I picked one up a few months ago, the original owner had the lawyer talk removed from the bbl. One of these days I might take it out and see if it works...

·
Registered
754 Posts
:D Very nice ! You're gonna love it. I have one just like it, & I think it is quickly becoming My favorite !!

I really kind of wish all My Blackhawks were 4 5/8" Bbl. length.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,423 Posts
I got one of those nasty old 6.5" Stainless 357 Blackhawks. It's box stock except I installed a free spin pawl. Super fun guns and very acurate.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took it to the range today. It's quite an accurate shooter and I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Iowegan and tn gun runner, please tell me about the free spin pawl. It's something I've never heard of before. Thanks.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Gotta love those stainless Blackhawks!

Ed

Reactions: CIB First CAV.1972

·
Registered
128 Posts
Iowegan and tn gun runner, please tell me about the free spin pawl. It's something I've never heard of before. Thanks.
when you open the loading gate the cylinder will spin both direction
freely and make loading and unloading easyer and there a extra bonus also. If you are
shooting fast and the hammer on SA ruger falls when it pulled over half
way back you will need to go all the way around the cylinder to fire that
round , but with a spin free all you need to do if the hammer falls is to
reach up and turn cylinder backwards . There away to grind the pawl to
do the same thing . I've done both ways like the power pawl better because
of cyl turned backward if hammer falls 7/8 of the way back you can still turn it back

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks tn gun runner. That makes sense now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts