Ruger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can speak from personal experience, gunbroker is the place to find some pretty good deals on hard to find guns. I go to ~ a dozen gunshows a year and check gunshops/sporting good stores regularly, so I keep pretty current on local prices and what is avaliable. IF you are disciplined and use the advanced search functions you can usually find some pretty good deals on things you cant find locally.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I found a SS old model Vaquero up state. I paid $500, but it was the best deal I found. Even after looking out of state. It is NIB. I'll be picking it up on saturday. I'll post pics then.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
quote:Originally posted by Drummer

I don't think there is a better looking finish on a revolver than that Color Case Blue!
If it's done right. The stuff on the new Vaqueros looks
like crap and rubs off from what I've seen.

·
Count Ursunk
3,209 Posts
the thing about blued guns is that you are a little more prone to wipe it off and notice it more often than not.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
quote:Originally posted by mrb

the thing about blued guns is that you are a little more prone to wipe it off and notice it more often than not.
It's the CCH look. I don't know if it's some kind of metal stain or what. I've noticed that the Ubertis CCH tends to rub off too. I like the real thing. That look can't be beat.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts