Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a love of stainless steel. It's been a big factor in my survival when I designed patented products in the marine industry and later in the aftermarket motorcycle accessories area. I have a favorite revolver that I carry daily along with my vintage 1977 Rolex that I wear. I took this photo and thought I would share.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
I'm a stainless fan, too. I prefer my revolvers to be stainless. Your Vaquero looks great and I like the vintage Rolex.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a stainless fan, too. I prefer my revolvers to be stainless. Your Vaquero looks great and I like the vintage Rolex.
Stainless is such a wonder, meaning I love it because it's durable, easy to clean, and when I'm in salt water environments it's going to serve me very well. I have always made sure my sidearms were of the stainless variety. And as far as the watch goes....it's just too iconic not to love sporting it around.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
I'll pick stainless every time over blued. As a fellow SA pistol and watch aficionado that's a great looking pair.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I do like stainless, but somehow I am shooting more blued guns these days. I am 80 miles from the Gulf of Mexico so my guns don't get salty and I store them in A/C. Nice looking set up you have there. 🏽 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443534769.144237.jpg

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
I have a few stainless revolvers and two stainless 1911's. Not really a fan. Stainless is a dirty steel!

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
I'll pick stainless every time over blued. As a fellow SA pistol and watch aficionado that's a great looking pair.
Nice SA Revolver there...love the Stag Grips!

Yup...stainless is the preferred revolver finish here as well! All of my revolvers are stainless...love the look, the 'easier' care, etc.!

My semi-autos, on the other hand, are all 'black'...but then again, they say 'Glock' on the side!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I'm a big fan of SS.
All my handguns except one are SS.
Of course, all my long arms are blued.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
All my hard use guns are stainless. I can easily refinish or bead blast or whatever to keep them looking fresh. Great looking workhorse guns I'm not afraid to holster and carry about.

All my treasured guns, the guns I like to show off and fondle, the ones that get oohs and ahs at the range and the ones I esteem the most are blued. Old 3-screw Rugers, old S&Ws, and Colt.

Blonde, brunette, redhead......stainless, blue, nickel.....can I love them all?

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Stainless is wonderful the truth is it is a great material but it does have limitations.
It doesn't forge as well as carbon steel
It makes wonderful guns and watches.
And knives too I guess.
I like old guns too and they are ALL made if carbon steel.
So carbon steel is ok too....

·
Registered
214 Posts
I too have a thing for stainless. While I don't have any SA's, yet...the SP101 is my only EDC wheel gun and I love it! I have been wearing this Rolex since I bought it new in 1976. It may always run fast but I've never been late for a meeting!

Attachments

·
Registered
951 Posts
Used to be unimpressed with the stainless look, but it finally grew on me. Now I've got several - the glossy finish on my NV .357 is especially nice:

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I too have a thing for stainless. While I don't have any SA's, yet...the SP101 is my only EDC wheel gun and I love it! I have been wearing this Rolex since I bought it new in 1976. It may always run fast but I've never been late for a meeting!
Awesome watch!

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
All my revolvers but one are stainless. Love it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts