Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here we go...
So far I have taken my black receiver and blasted it then jeweled it on the sides and brushed it on top. I am going to anodize it green as soon as my new power supply gets here.

Next the bolt was polished, acurized, head spaced and jeweled. I am going to hot oil blue it so it will have a purple/blue finish.

The trigger guard and mag release is TI. The charging handle and trigger is Rimfire Tech and a VQ hammer. I cleaned and polished the rest and set the trigger at 2.5 lbs.

The TI SS 16.5 barrel and green flash supressor are waiting to be put together with the Archangel stock.... Just have to find time to finish.

More to come.....

·
Registered
549 Posts
That thing turned out AWESOME..keep us posted on how it shoots....& oh yeah..Greetings and Welcome from the Outer Banks of North Carolina, "The Tar Heel State."

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
That's sharp looking! Nice job! Congrat's! Let us know how it shoots!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And another done...except for the silver scope that is in mail..... Ruger10/22, accurized bolt, VQ extractor, TI Trigger guard, Trigger job done.... 2.5 lb pull.... Polished internals on trigger and receiver, polished barrel and receiver. Had stock done by friends.. not bad for their first gun stock, I may have them try again on another project. I anodized the barrel band and trigger for scuffed blue/grey look.

·
Registered
422 Posts
So, I want to know how they shoot?!?!?!
How is the weight difference with the barrel and compensator?

I have the Nomad stock which is already pretty heavy compared to all the other stocks. So the 16" fluted/threaded barrel seems reasonable for the weight difference.

I've been contemplating ways to improve my 10/22 over the winter, and polishing the internals hadn't occurred to me until I took apart my wife's new rifle.

Thank You.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Zeus, I have not had the pleasure of shooting the chromed out one yet as I let the person that did the chroming for me borrow it for photo shoots and a 3 county tour. I miss her and can't wait to get her back to finally take to the range. I will let you know how she does. I can tell you that she is light weight due to being ruger poly stock and stock barrel.

As for the Archangel, the stock isn't too heavy but the barrel is a bit as it is stainless. I did get it to the range but conditions were not too favorable but what was worse was that I was shooting from a folding table along side a .308 and .762 enthusiast. The range was very full that day. It did well. No targets worth posting, due to my neighbor, but when I did have a chance to pull the trigger when the table wasn't shaking I was hitting 1/2 at 75 yds on the bipod. The compensator is actually more for looks but the weight of the gun helps stabilize it and reduces the recoil so reacquiring target was good. Trigger was like butter.

If you are thinking of improving yours, definitely take it apart and polish the bolt, receiver and trigger parts. Smoother action, easier pull, better shooting experience.
I am looking forward to getting back to the range on a week day.....

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm gonna have to send my Dremel in to get rebuilt. I have all kinds of extra buffer and finishing wheels I've never had a use for.

Apparently Tactical solutions barrels are on back order until February...:(

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My barrel is a Tactical Innovations I am very happy with it and the price was right. $139.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Cutman... Had fun building it. Looking for another to do... I have to finish the 3 Marlins I am working on now before I can start another Ruger.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts