Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this from the Attorney General's web site today.

Kansas Personal and Family Protection Act Reciprocity
Non-resident Concealed Carry Handgun License Recognition

A non-resident concealed carry licensee from a state recognized by the state of Kansas must:
1) be a resident of the state where the license was issued
2) be able to show proof of licensure and residency from the state of issuance
3) abide by Kansas concealed carry laws while traveling, visiting or working in this state

The state of Kansas recognizes the following non-resident concealed carry licenses:
Alaska Arizona Arkansas Colorado Florida Hawaii Kentucky Louisiana Michigan Minnesota Missouri Nebraska Nevada New Jersey New Mexico North Carolina Ohio Oklahoma South Carolina Tennessee Texas West Virginia

States That Recognize Kansas Concealed Carry Licenses:
(States will be posted on this site as confirmation is received)
While the Attorney General will attempt to keep this list current, Kansas concealed carry licensees are cautioned to check with the licensing authority in each state before traveling.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Great!!! I purposely avoided Kansas when I went out west this last time because they did not honor anybodys CCW. Glad they finally did. Now if we can get Nebraska to, a person can drive almost anywhere without going afoul of the law.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Michigan recognizes all other state's resident CCWs. Even if it is not reciprocal.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:Originally posted by gunman42782

Great!!! I purposely avoided Kansas when I went out west this last time because they did not honor anybodys CCW. Glad they finally did. Now if we can get Nebraska to, a person can drive almost anywhere without going afoul of the law.
Kansas didn't recognize anyone's CCW until this month because they didn't even allow Kansas CCW until Jan 3, 2007. I'm hoping they will add more to the list later.

·
Registered
557 Posts
rman, AZ recognises Kansas.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks 2400 - I wish Kansas would update their web site. I'm sure there are other states that recognize us now. It's nice to know of at least one.

·
Registered
557 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts