Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone has been able to acquire recently a Bowen Rough Country rear sight for a Ruger? Sometime back I guess he was having trouble getting them from his subcontractor delivered. Somewhere I read that his supplier was his brother in law so he was not going to switch suppliers.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I'm sure if you contact them they can give you an idea of delivery schedules.

They seem to make a few different models that fit Rugers but their pictures on the site are too small to really see the differences.

[email protected]

·
Registered
609 Posts
In June of this year Brownells had the Rough Country sights in stock and available for $99. (I checked yesterday and they don't list them at this time).
About that same time people on another forum were commenting that they were receiving sights they had back ordered months and some over a year ago.

I had wanted a Target sight in a big way for a long time and decided to order one since they seemed to be shipping. I received mine ten days later in the first week of July. I ordered another with a modification and received that one about ten days later.

It may well be worth calling them to inquire. I have seen people posting last week that they had received sights in the mail that day.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It will be a while. Haven't made up my mind to put it on a 4.2" RH or GP100 and both will be going off to get some work done on them. Want to use a V-notch with a XS standard dot I have. Problem with the RH is plan to shoot 335 gr .45 Colts so probably will need a taller front sight which means the XS will have to go on the GP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts