Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Security Six is a PPC gun that I use mostly for Steel Plate Competitions. Has most every trick in the book, and is deadly fast on steel...
The RedHawk is a .44 Mag for long range shooting. Going to try my luck at 300 yards this summer......

Giz

·
Registered
211 Posts
Both of those look sharp. I have shot plates at 200yds but not 300. That would be a challenge. I use this DW M40, I just picked up a SRH in 44mag I well try out on the steel.

·
Squirrel Sniper 1st class
254 Posts
wow, 200 and 300 yards with such a short barrel (compared to a rifle) is a great accomplishment....i wouldn't have thought to bring a pistol to a long range competition

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
100 yards is fairly easy and can be done with most longer sight radius barreled revolvers. 200 yards and there is noticeable diffuculty making the shots...300 yard and beyond ~ Now we are talking every bit of skill, timing, and patience that you have....

Need to add quality optics to this one, but it is a ongoing project....

giz

·
Squirrel Sniper 1st class
254 Posts
wow, props to the long distance shooting and the great looking pieces.....!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Very nice
most of my pistol shooting is only out to 25 yds,
and my indoor range is only 50 feet
I will get a chance to try further this week though,
reserved a private outdoor range for the whole family

·
Registered
338 Posts
My local gun range has a 50 and 100 yard range. Can shoot handguns on either but on 100 yard it has to be 4 inch barrel or longer. I haven't shot at the 100 yard yet with a handgun but 50 yards is very common for guys that try each other's guns. Often put clay pidgeons at the impact area. Have seen guys set up steel plates too. Sometimes it beats shooting at paper!

Dana

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Nice to see Ruger comp revolvers.
yes it is........most ppc guns i've seen are smiths.

In my area most long range steel guns are t/c's.......

·
Registered
211 Posts
My 200yd steel gun in 308 win , I built this in 1978 when 221 fireball was the only one
remington made..

WOW! I bet that's a hand full. Very nice!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts