Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
You have a beautiful state JB, I've enjoyed every trip there.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
If those old towns could talk, I bet they could tell some great stories. I've always been intrigued by ghost towns, and small towns in general. You have a great state JB. When I was a teen ager my sister lived in Great Falls. I took the bus from Junction City, KS to there and back over Christmas vacation. It was a long, terrible bus ride, but I'll never forget the country between Helena and Butte. I thought it was the prettiest country I'd ever seen.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I got a bunch of distance kin that live up there in the Blue Sky Country. Two sisters of my grandfather married men there. I remember hearing Butte and Big Sandy mention when I was small. I only met them once and I was about 7yrs old. One of the men was town Sheriff in butte I think. If you run into any O'Malleys up there JB tell them I said Hey. Their all ranchers I think. Last I heard anyway.

·
Registered
758 Posts
My family and I checked out a couple of ghost town in New Mexico a few years ago; sure would like to have another go at it!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
This site has some good info on ghost towns. Click on the state then county and you will have a list of what is cataloged.
www.ghosttowns.com
Some neat places I wish I could visit.
Been to Bodie, Calico, Tumco, Dos Cabasos, and a few others I can't think of at present.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts