Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By rolling my recoil spring a few feet along a flat surface, I've determined that there is very little difference in the sizes of the ends of the spring. That being said, I'm dead certain that the spring is installed so that the large end is pointing toward the muzzle. What I've discovered the past few times that I've shot (and then subsequently cleaned) the weapon, is that the muzzle end of the recoil spring has become stuck and does not easily pull out when disassembling. I've whittled a bit on a popsicle stick to make myself a "tool" that I can stick in the end of the spring, thereby releasing it from its "stuck" position. It only takes a moment to do this, so it's not a big deal. Even so, I wondered if anyone else out there in Ruger-land is experiencing this?

Amistad
'learning more as I go'

·
Registered
191 Posts
It's supposed to be that way. The slightly larger coil has two functions. One, it keeps the end of the spring from getting into the guide rod hole and the second is to keep the spring and camblock somewhat captive so it doesn't shoot across the room when you unlock the camblock from the barrel.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply, CP. What made me wonder about it is that the recoil spring did not stick in there the first two or three times I took it to the range. But now it does it every time...

Amistad
'seems there's always a question to ask...'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts