Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the stimulus money is flowing out now, anyone else buying a gun or guns with it?

I'll start:

Picked up this 2 3/4" Security Six last night. Serial indicates 1978 production.

Let's see some more stimulus guns!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
yep, postin' stuff like that gets me stimulated!

ufortunately, most of mine will go towards bills but brownells will get a little bit as well as perhaps a new holster............

·
Registered
301 Posts
My stimulus money is being spent on the kids. Since I just got a new pistol, I can't complain too much. :)

Great looking six.

·
Banned
108 Posts
mine will be on bills mostly too. I will get a Bianchi Cyclone 111 holster for my new 4" GP100 and maybe a Ontario Army Quartermaster knife if I am lucky. Great Security Six Tweek!!! I am anxiously awaiting new Spalted Maple grip inserts for the GP100 from 41 Magnum.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
TWEEK
Than's one purty SS. You ought to make that your carry gun. Congratulations.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,411 Posts
Tweek, That's one fine little Security-Six! Yours is the MOST sought after model for a CCW. Typical Ruger ... built like a tank and looks good too. You have a winner there!

My stimulus funds are being spent on a new safe. I ordered it a few months ago and can't wait for it to get here. Of course I'll have to pay much more than the stimulus check but it sure helps.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Nice gun Tweek! I had a Speed-Six stainless at one time. Sold it. Dumb me! :(

I figured to use my stimulus check to get my new Acusport Bisley .45 Colt/ACP out of lay away. :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Very nice im still waiting on my stim package

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the compliments!

I thought at first it might be a bit heavy for carry, but I may revisit the idea. I about half wore it out today just handling it. Put 50 rounds of home-brew 125 grain .357's thru it last night, and it cut a nice ragged hole. Recoil was very manageable.

Glad I'm not the only one buying guns and gun stuff with the money. :D

·
Squirrel Sniper 1st class
254 Posts
i think i might have to get the FN five-seven pistol, 3 - 20 round mags and ballistic ammo that pierces 5 layers of kevlar.....

for the "just in case" swat raids the wrong house....they'll remember to check the address twice.

i test fired the ps90 and while it is an amazing rifle, the bullpup design just isnt for me....

the pistol however is really nice.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Wow, you guys got your checks and spent it already! I guess mine well go into my S&W 586 fund.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I've thought real hard about taking some of my stimulus money to buy a small revolver. But, we are almost completely out of revolving debt at this moment so I'm thinking that is the bigger prize here. I've got one pistol, so I'm in good shape to defend myself.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
My stimulus money went to the mortgage. I think I have enough left over to get a nice pocket knife.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Well I bought a gun last night, but I won't have my money till late June. All I have to do is open my safe and I get stimulated.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts