Ruger Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Exalted One
1,691 Posts
So will the Mini.
Sadly, for my two Minis, that will likely be true without some change to the proposed bills.

Just got one that will be "legal" - just in case. 'Been stocking up on 5-10 rounders, soon-to-be-illegals will go out of state to my heir - just sooner than expected. Until sanity or SCOTUS prevails.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Since my post above 2 years ago, I decided to give it the last bit of Mini M14 look and added a Choate front sight/flashhider to complete it. I thinned the front blade to .050" wide as I did on my stock sight so it's a great shooter even out at 200yds. It's surprising how many people mistake it for a M1A out at the range.

That's a beautiful Mini!!!!!

·
Registered
851 Posts
i bought a Revolution walnut stock from Accuracy Systems as well as walnut handguard for my 187 series Ranch Rifle:

I also bought another hand guard to go with the beech factory stock on my 184 series Mini 14 :

Initially, I used the Choate ventilated handguard. It provides better cooling, but I liked the look of the wood handguard.

------

Both rifles have the same accuracy treatment and both are 1.5 MOA capable rifles:

- Accu Strut
- Choate front sight with Browning style flash hider
- .045" gas bushing
- shock buffer
- Tech Sight rear sight

50 yard 5 shot iron sight groups:

250 yards iron sights (the flier is my fault):

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Here's another option. Stick with the light, trim and tough Ruger synthetic stock and make it the color you want.
I finally got around to re-doing the grey stock from a few years ago.
Stock and metal parts are done both Desert Sand and FDE:

·
Registered
719 Posts
I've seen, held, and shot some of Sandog's Cerakoted Mini's and can vouch for his claim that they are light weight. In addition, Sandog's Minis are beautifully done. The coating seems to be very durable as well as I couldn't find any evidence of it wearing off, chipping, or pealing. And best of all, they shoot really well, even out as far as 300 yds.

·
Registered
719 Posts
That's a beautiful Mini!!!!!
Thanks. Better than it's looks, it shoots very well too. Reliable, compact, and just a joy to use. It's my hands down favorite semi-auto long gun.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 50 of 50 Posts