Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Simmons Truplex .22 Mag Riflescope with 3/8" rims on my 10/22 and the stock is way, way too low. I've got about 1-3/4" worth of pipe insulation taped around the stock to raise up my cheek but it is still too low and i'm having trouble finding a consistent, repeatable position.

I could add another layer of pipe insulation, but it seems extreme. Does anyone have another suggestion (short of buying an expensive new stock). Are there lower rings out there?

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks very much.

·
Emperor
885 Posts
Most 10/22 stocks do need some build-up to achieve a solid cheek weld with a rifle-scope, but that sounds like way more than is needed.

Are you using the stock Ruger 10/22 accessory rail? How much higher than necessary are the 3/8" dovetail rings positioning the scope? I suspect you could easily find a pair of Weaver rings that would get it lower. The Weaver Quad-Lock medium rings should be high enough for a rifle scope with a 32mm objective lens.

·
Captain General
23 Posts
Pool noodles or pipe insulation, but I personally went ahead and got one of the Magpul Hunter x22 stocks on sale at Brownells for $112 delivered. The buttstock adjusts for length of pull and the cheekpiece can be replaced by separate risers to give up to 3/4 inch lift. I also prefer the more upright pistol grip and the ability to use with a standard barrel OR a bull barrel. Plus it just looks cool. You won't regret iit.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
What stock is on the gun? What scope base being used? What's the objective size of the scope? Picture of the set-up?

·
Registered
783 Posts
I bought a Hogue stock for this reason. It could use a little more padding though. It was $100 and I got it with the thumb hole as well. I will probably eventually make a stock out of a nice chunk of walnut I have, which will have the thumb hole section like the Hogue, but modified for my hand and a higher cheek rest, once I get it all figured out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts