Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18246417/site/newsweek/

Yes, the formidable 9mm. Proving that you don't need to know anything about a subject to write about it. Also, the Diallo case was never quite fully explained to the American people, but that is a whole different matter.

I'll stay with my .45, thank you.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
What a crock of crap! Blame the gun, blame the cartridge, blame everything and everybody but the sick, perverted idiot who actually did the crime!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'd have to agree with gunman, apparently people are not accountable for their actions, anymore. Guns just don't grow legs, and start shooting people by them selves, and i've never heard my speak to me.

I guess it's just easier to blame the inanimate object, than it is to actually put the blame where it belongs. Guns don't cry and say their sorry.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Man what a crock. Especially the last couple of paragraphs. It says in part "Many ordinary citizens now have 9-millimeters for protection as well, which means, inevitably, that they get used to settle arguments between spouses or friends.". So if you own a 9mm you will inevitably kill someone. This means unavoidably without doubt. I didn't realize the "nine" had that much influence on it's owners. Children find it's easier to pull the trigger on a 9mm than a revolver?????
And then blame the gun for ruining the lives of the criminals!!!! WOW, I didn't think people were really this stupid and naive!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Note the entire anit-gun message.
The 9mm creates kick and control problems therefore it is not accurate. it can also kill at 100 yds

.22s are more accurate and are deadly.

autos eject cases and leave evidence behind--revolvers don't.

the AWB gave the police the upper hand for a short while.

In short, the AWB was a good thing and all handguns are a bad thing!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
well come on men ya know no lawyer is going to let his clint tell the truth, all of this blame this and that all be long's to the lawyers of this world we have. If ya ask me, no one any more seems like is going to stand up and say its my fault. Just not going to happen these days men.
Well all of here are men and women enough to do that and have done that. But those that are against us, fear us because we know how to handle weapons how to shoot and how to defend oursleves and are loved once. They don't and they are truly jealous of us if you ask me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was confused by the focus of the article on the caliber as if by some magical solution that the caliber was the culprit. It’s even a weaker argument than that of blaming guns as a whole.

What does scare me is a level of peoples' irresponsibility (i.e. public ranges scare me sometimes).

Here’s an idea. Instead of teaching politically correct BS in public schools maybe we should allow fire arms training (like we do driver’s ed.). Hell, my high school even had a fire range at one point (of course they stopped using it long before I got there).

Where I think the large portion of the danger and accidents occur is that people have an unfamiliarity with firearms when they handle them infrequently or have simply taught themselves. Criminals will be criminals.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
anything to sellthe story, heck I once heard a news castor say the person was shot with a 30-06 pistol. I would love to see one let alone see the person who could fire one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts