Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have been having FTE , and have tried different ammo, and even sent your PC back to Ruger. This adjustment should help. The stock bend on the ejector is straight, and if you push up on your magazine with the bolt open you can actually see how the round touches and moves the ejector.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since I have bent the ejector, when I put a magazine in, no matter how hard I slam it it, it doesn't hit the ejector. It has not moved, and I have not had a single failure to extract in thousands of rounds.

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
That’s a radical change! Glad it’s working so well for you. I adjusted mine to just touch the bottom of the bolt assembly and have had no issues since. I did not add or even know of making the bend yours has.
What tools did you use to make the change?

Does the opening on the ejected empty shell stay round and how far does it eject?
ALL of my shells have a dent in the opening and fly to the 2:30-3 o’clock area and ~3-6’ away on average. I don’t reload but I also don’t like the bent shells. What is causing this?

Thanks for sending the pics.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The shells seem to eject about 2 to 3 oclock. There is no marks on the brass. The tip of the extractor is about in the same place as stock, just back a hair. I had adjusted the extractor several times, but when I would shove in a full magazine in on a reload, it would bend the whole upper part of the ejector into my bolt. I just bent the ejector around the shells so they never contact the ejector.

·
Registered
259 Posts
If I manually eject 5-10 rds. The cases are not scratched or dented. Makes me wonder if mine is not an ejector issue...or if it also needs bending left or right a little will solve my guns issue???

Time to magic marker the dents on the ejection port and see if they are bumping off the aluminum overhang on Exit. If so I may consider filing that point down a little to see what happens.
Again...not any failures of any kind for 3-400 rounds. Just trying to eliminate the only issue with mine.
It’s been a long break-in process...love my PCC9.

Hope someone else does this ejector mod and reports back soon. Sounds good.

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Has anyone spoken to Ruger about this issue. I really want a PCC in 9mm but every time I get ready to pull the trigger, I see something like this. I may have to wait for the second edition?? That is why I never buy a vehicle in the first year or two of production. Too many bugs to work out. I guess that is true for any brand new mechanical item.

·
Registered
307 Posts
mine has been flawless dont pay atten to this crud.i only use glock mags in mine even the cheap 30 rd mags work great.never had to bend anything.one should contact ruger before throwing there warrenty out the window.

·
Banned
500 Posts
Has anyone spoken to Ruger about this issue. I really want a PCC in 9mm but every time I get ready to pull the trigger, I see something like this. I may have to wait for the second edition?? That is why I never buy a vehicle in the first year or two of production. Too many bugs to work out. I guess that is true for any brand new mechanical item.
I've had my Ruger PCC for over a year now. I've got to be close to 2k rounds through it.

Never a problem. Considering all those rounds were reloads with wildly different loads and bullet shapes/weights, I'd say it's a pretty reliable little carbine.

Don't ever forget that it's usually only the people with a problem that yell about it. Also the same person might post on several different forums under different names.

The 99.5% of satisfied owners just keep on shooting.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Talked with Ruger CS today about the dents on the throat of my ejected PCC9 shells. They said it’s “NORMAL” just like their mini-14’s...nothing to adjust or replace I can live with that...so I’m just enjoying getting to know this gun better, and shooting about every other day on my home AR500 steel target range.

Break-in took longer than any other older firearm I’ve owned...same with my Take-Down 22 Carbine. Both took about 6-800 rounds to not malfunction.

I’ll hold on “bending the ejector” since everything seems to be functioning 100% at the moment.

Keep up the good work and sharing the fine-tuning not mentioned in the manual!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've had my Ruger PCC for over a year now. I've got to be close to 2k rounds through it.

Never a problem. Considering all those rounds were reloads with wildly different loads and bullet shapes/weights, I'd say it's a pretty reliable little carbine.

Don't ever forget that it's usually only the people with a problem that yell about it. Also the same person might post on several different forums under different names.

The 99.5% of satisfied owners just keep on shooting.
I wish I didn't have to post about jams, sir, but when you shoot a USPSA match and 3 out of 5 stages are blown because of jams in my new PC. I thought I would analyze and solve the problem myself, before sending it back to Ruger. I'm happy that everything you have ever purchased ran perfectly for you. "Only people with problems yell about it"?? that made sense...

·
Banned
500 Posts
I wish I didn't have to post about jams, sir, but when you shoot a USPSA match and 3 out of 5 stages are blown because of jams in my new PC. I thought I would analyze and solve the problem myself, before sending it back to Ruger. I'm happy that everything you have ever purchased ran perfectly for you. "Only people with problems yell about it"?? that made sense...
You took a NEW gun to a match? Wow, way more confidence than I have.

I do have to admit that I've done it once. With a used 5906, I put 20 rounds through it right before the match to get the sights dialed in. Then shot the match.

Any other gun I shoot in a match has to have at least 500 trouble free rounds through it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did have 500 trouble free rounds though it before I shot a match, but then after several full mag magazine changes the ejector piece bent up into the bolt. I shoot about 800 rounds a week through this PC. I really like it. That's why I figured out what to do to keep it running right. Go ahead and slam a dozen full Glock magazines into your PC and see if it still runs good. If so great. If not, then maybe this post will help.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Same here. Probably 400-500 rounds total through the gun. I put about 60 rounds through mine on Friday afternoon with no problems and at the match Sunday, from the second mag on, stovepipes every 3 - 5 rounds.
I'm not quite as daring, bending the ejector until I have another backup.
I have it working well now but it will happen again. My first task is to really try not going to "slide lock" and see if that reduces the problem.
Spoke to Ruger T/S yesterday, they never heard of the problem??? so I guess it is all in our collective imaginations.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Same here. Probably 400-500 rounds total through the gun. I put about 60 rounds through mine on Friday afternoon with no problems and at the match Sunday, from the second mag on, stovepipes every 3 - 5 rounds.
I'm not quite as daring, bending the ejector until I have another backup.
I have it working well now but it will happen again. My first task is to really try not going to "slide lock" and see if that reduces the problem.
Spoke to Ruger T/S yesterday, they never heard of the problem??? so I guess it is all in our collective imaginations.
The PC comes with 2 ejectors, but I do agree with not wanting to bend one without having a backup. If you decide to bent it, get ahold of me and I can show you how I did mine. It's pretty tough steel.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If ruger C/S is not stepping up, perhaps there is market for aftermarket ejector made from better material. 400 round thru 9mm PCC so far, no one extraction issues...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If ruger C/S is not stepping up, perhaps there is market for aftermarket ejector made from better material. 400 round thru 9mm PCC so far, no one extraction issues...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Not so much the material its made of but the shape. If you look at the first picture of this post you can see that the round actually hits the ejector. After so many reloads some of them bend up, then the jams begin. I just bent the stock ejector so that the rounds never actually hit the ejector. Actually a simple fix, just took a while to figure it out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mine has been flawless dont pay atten to this crud.i only use glock mags in mine even the cheap 30 rd mags work great.never had to bend anything.one should contact ruger before throwing there warrenty out the window.
I doubt if your throwing out the warranty by bending a 15$ part that they send 2 of with the gun. There sure does seem to be a fair amount of people making this failure to eject crud up. I know, if it's not happening to you, then it's not happening. Right?

·
Major
1,624 Posts
I doubt if your throwing out the warranty by bending a 15$ part that they send 2 of with the gun. There sure does seem to be a fair amount of people making this failure to eject crud up. I know, if it's not happening to you, then it's not happening. Right?
Just a reminder: Ruger has no warranty, they simply fix whatever is wrong.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Looks like three bends with the ejector removed and filing the tip parallel to the bolt.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts