Ruger Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Looks like three bends with the ejector removed and filing the tip parallel to the bolt.
Actually just the top 2 bends at the tip. And yes smooth the tip by the bolt. It looks like 3 bends because I white paint marked the side of the ejector to make it photo friendly. The 3rd bend is an optical illusion

·
Registered
137 Posts
I contacted TandemKross (https://www.tandemkross.com/) today and explained the problem and that they might want to look into making a 3rd party ejector that will address the issue. They make some nice parts for the PCC and seemed interested as the competition market for these rifles is big.
We'll see if they actually do anything (and send me a beta test copy).lol

·
Registered
259 Posts
I made the ejector adjustment...didn’t have any FTE issues but didn’t want the tip of the ejector touching the bolt anymore..also found it needed a sideways adjustment where it was also touching the side of the bolt channel it rides in.

You can also do the bend with two 4” vice grips without removing the ejector.

Pictures of stock ejector in a Ruger Mag-well adapter next to adjusted one in a Glock Mag- well adapter.

Still running without any malfunctions....Loving my PCC!

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Interesting. Mine was flawless for the first 800+ rounds. And hen it started choking regularly. Yes, I know about trashing a USPSA match due to jams.

I sent mine back to Ruger and they were great about going through it, at no cost to me. Plus they were really quick about it. I think it was gone for less than a week, including shipping.

I’m at around 600 rounds into it now and it’s still doing well. If it starts choking again, I may have to try this ejector mod.

Thanks.

·
Registered
366 Posts
i've contacted Tandemkross and Volquartsen about and aftermarket ejector and extractor and both companies said they have things planned for the pc carbine but would not specify further. would be cool to get some aftermarket parts.

Mcarbo has a extra power recoil spring that they say helps with this issue too that might be worth a try.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Potted metal - I had the same issue on my new PC Charger, but running great since tweaking and installing upgrades by MCARBO and Tandemkross. I recently noticed a bend on my glock ejector from loading the mag. I thought I'd try the bend fix to avoid future issues. It looked like it should be a reasonably safe DIY. I followed your examples and carefully applied the first bend to the ejector. I worked slowly not to overstress the metal. It immediately snapped off. The ejector clip was made of potted metal. Cost cutting Ruger?

I have my backup from the Ruger magwell, but now trying to order just the ejector clip as a backup. No luck, I'll just order a new glock magwell

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wish I didn't have to post about jams, sir, but when you shoot a USPSA match and 3 out of 5 stages are blown because of jams in my new PC. I thought I would analyze and solve the problem myself, before sending it back to Ruger. I'm happy that everything you have ever purchased ran perfectly for you. "Only people with problems yell about it"?? that made sense...
hey, new hear just bought the ruger pc carbine, and was wondering does this problem happen with the stock
I wish I didn't have to post about jams, sir, but when you shoot a USPSA match and 3 out of 5 stages are blown because of jams in my new PC. I thought I would analyze and solve the problem myself, before sending it back to Ruger. I'm happy that everything you have ever purchased ran perfectly for you. "Only people with problems yell about it"?? that made sense...
hey, was wondering if this problem happens with the stock (mag stop/ejector)or not the glock ejector?????

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey, was wondering if this problem happens with the stock (mag stop/ejector)or not the glock ejector?????
Because the ejector is a part of the magwell adapter, swapping Glock adapter for Ruger will swap the bent ejector and fix the issue. But the ejector itself seems like either the exactly same part on any of them, or an extremely similar design. Personally I think Ruger have done a decent job with that part, although of course they should have thought about people jamming the mags in hard enough to bend the 14 gauge sheet.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts